Adebayor (Merged)

Well this thread is a bit agressive.

Personally, while I often defend players, managers etc. until they are indefensible, watching this last night I thought he was very stupid, to put it nicely, wearing an Arsenal shirt.

Obviously trauma can do things to people but I'm pretty sure it didn't make him blind, deaf and lose his marbles completely. He would have known what he was doing, although I don't have a clue why he did it. I think him, Ireland and Cook could get a pretty good sitcom going on how to not handle the press.

And to an earlier poster who said, he wouldn't have had many shirts other than training gear, what do you think they walk round in all day? Even doing an interview without a shirt on would have been better, it's not like it's cold in Africa.

Not sure what drives some posters on here. This is not the first anti Ade thread on here. Look at some facts before posters slag him off for not trying, So far he has played 15 games all under Hughes. He has scored 6 goals just off a goal every 2 games. Tevez who we all now adore has played 20 games and scored 15 goals, 5 of which he has scored in 4 games since Mancini arrived. Out of 15 games he played in 5 up to the Arsenal game were sensational and no one was moaning about him then. So he is being slagged off for performances in a handful of games. Apart from the obvious reason that Hughes was using Ade in a totally inappropriate way and may just have pissed him of as he did with other players it is believed that Ade has been carrying an injury. Judge Ade after he has played the equivalent of half a season at least i.e. 25 games under Mancini.

why do people find it so hard to believe that he has acted stupidly.
players of any club, not just city, are expected to be ambassadors for the club which employs them and pays their vastly over inflated wages, while abroad.
the wearing of another teams shirt who are in the same league, (if he had a barca top on for example there would not be all this shit) is obviously going to be frowned upon. the club may well have said nothing about this because they would be perceived as heartless by the press but believe me i bet they're fuming, and rightly so.

wrongun73 said:
players of any club, not just city, are expected to be ambassadors for the club which employs them and pays their vastly over inflated wages, while abroad.
the wearing of another teams shirt who are in the same league, (if he had a barca top on for example there would not be all this shit) is obviously going to be frowned upon. the club may well have said nothing about this because they would be perceived as heartless by the press but believe me i bet they're fuming, and rightly so.

it's obvious he's acted stupidly. but it's basic decency to cut people some slack when they've been through something like that. not doing so is even more stupid, and, unless you've been through a trauma recently, to me, it's completely unacceptable.

actually it only appears to be obvious that he's been stupid. as much as some people don't wanna hear it there may be a good reason for him wearing that shirt.

wrongun73 said:

How can we accuse Ade of anything before we know his side of the story? Talk about Kangaroo courts some people would cut off your balls for just looking at their sister.

Spoke to a mate about this and he said it was on eurosport about the 3 killed were all arsenal fans and this was why he was wearing the shirt. Possibly the shirt belonged to one of the people who were killed.

Pigeonho said:
Shaw86 said:
Spoke to a mate about this and he said it was on eurosport about the 3 killed were all arsenal fans and this was why he was wearing the shirt. Possibly the shirt belonged to one of the people who were killed.

I've said this since the thread started, that it would be something like this.

Whatever the reason, this or something else it won't change anything for the Ade haters on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.