Adebayor to Spurs

I still think he will end up at Madrid. Most liklely on the cheap or possibly in some sort of player swap.

Guys as I said nearly 2 weeks ago he will be on loan to Spurs

Looks like a 12 month loan with option to buy we still pick up a large amount of his wages not sure of final figure but would guess 50% to 60% to be paid by us. One of the problems of putting these players on such large wages.

Should be announced in next day or so

alera said:
I still think he will end up at Madrid. Most liklely on the cheap or possibly in some sort of player swap.

We shouldnt be selling him to anybody in the premiership anyway..
Real Madrid will get him on the cheap from us before the Window is up!!

TheNews said:

Looks like a 12 month loan with option to buy we still pick up a large amount of his wages not sure of final figure but would guess 50% to 60% to be paid by us. One of the problems of putting these players on such large wages.

Why would we do that?

Why subsidise Spurs to the tune of £3m or £4m a season when we can sell him lock, stock and barrel to Real for £5m... with no wage adjustment?

I seem to recall when you said that , that you also said he was having a medical at the time and that it would be announced in the next day

Soulboy said:
TheNews said:

Why would we do that?

Why subsidise Spurs to the tune of £3m or £4m a season when we can sell him lock, stock and barrel to Real for £5m... wirg no wage adjustment?

RM don't want him though

Financial Fair Play is going to be hard enough even if our Ground sponsorship is approved by UEFA so as he wages cost us almost £9m a year is it better to offload as much as we can?

As I said this is the down side of buying all these players over the last few years and putting them on massive wages, sort of limits who we can sell to to offload those we don't want

a) his wages dont count towards ffp so thats your first argument out of the window

b) we are still paying a large proportion of his wages so a saving of 3m a year wouldnt really benefit us to help a rival

c) You have no idea who RM want and dont want or who any top club around europe want and dont want

d) You seriously think our sponsorship deal wont be approved dont be silly

mancboy123 said:
I seem to recall when you said that , that you also said he was having a medical at the time and that it would be announced in the next day

Think if you actually check I said "Certainly no medical" check page 22 out

RM don't want him though

Financial Fair Play is going to be hard enough even if our Ground sponsorship is approved by UEFA so as he wages cost us almost £9m a year is it better to offload as much as we can?

As I said this is the down side of buying all these players over the last few years and putting them on massive wages, sort of limits who we can sell to to offload those we don't want[/quote]

Is it not true that under FFPR his wages do not count. If that is so and Spurs pay us say £4M (£80K pw) for the loan can we then treat that as income ?

If we sell to Real for less than his value ofter amortisation, we incur a loss - which detracts from balancing the books.

Don't know for sure, this is what I have picked up.

TheNews said:
Soulboy said:
TheNews said:

Why would we do that?

Why subsidise Spurs to the tune of £3m or £4m a season when we can sell him lock, stock and barrel to Real for £5m... wirg no wage adjustment?

RM don't want him though

As I said this is the down side of buying all these players over the last few years and putting them on massive wages, sort of limits who we can sell to to offload those we don't want

Thanks for totally ignoring my question... ;-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.