Aguero

I did my ACL in January and at the time I tried to run it off but it felt like my knee had dislocated so I felt I had done something serious.
I went hospital who didn't find anything on the X-Ray so tried to play again around 3 week later as it felt ok but again it popped on me. I went to my GP who said everything felt ok and it was probably just bruised ligaments so try and play again after 2-3 weeks rest.
It was only when a few weeks later it collapsed on me again they referred me for a MRI and they found I had completely torn my ACL and it probably needs re-building - 6 weeks on crutches and probably months without playing potentially! If they can repair it then it will be half that but depends.
I am awaiting my op and am walking round normally with no discomfort but I know if I tried to play and turned on it then it would collapse on me again.

Hopefully this will give you some insight but basically running or walking in a straight line for long periods would ache but it wouldn't be until you try and turn on it that you would feel real pain.

This isn't a scaremongering post but in all honesty I don't think we will see Sergio again until for 6/8 weeks. You never want to see anybody go over on their knee but why couldnt have been that c*nt shrek.

Just going to look up my medical dictionary/reliable source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterior_cruciate_ligament_injury

"After surgery, no sports are allowed for 6 to 7 months. "

Sounds bad. No real support for it sounding bad other than Wikipedia/Trevor Sinclair/Michael Johnson/Paul Lake... Paul Gascoigne/Alan Shearer/Roy Keane/Ruud van Nistlehorse/Roberto Baggio/Xavi/Raul/Jagielka.

David Schwarz, who broke the record for quickest return and scored 3 goals in his first game back, but then re-ruptured in his second game back.

Didsbury Dave said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's very encouraging. I've been quietly worrying about worst case scenario- a long period out and a slight loss of pace. He'd be nothing without that burst of pace over five yards.

You mean nothing apart from his amazing dribbling skills and eye for goal I presume

He goes past people because he has explosive pace, not because he 'dribbles'. I know you're being argumentative for the sake of it, Hamman Picallili, but anyone who knows the game will concur. he would be another
Owen/fowler
if he lost his pace. Being able to bang them in isn't effective unless you can get away from your man.
Fuck the shut up your scaring me.

acton28 said:

Sounds bad. No real support for it sounding bad other than Wikipedia/Trevor Sinclair/Michael Johnson/Paul Lake... Paul Gascoigne/Alan Shearer/Roy Keane/Ruud van Nistlehorse/Roberto Baggio/Xavi/Raul/Jagielka.

David Schwarz, who broke the record for quickest return and scored 3 goals in his first game back, but then re-ruptured in his second game back.

I hope it is not an ACL. I don’t know if it has been mentioned in this thread but it was the 20th Anniversary of Paul Lakes last game yesterday. And remembering what he went through I really hope it is not ACL.

the originalkippaxman said:
acton28 said:

I hope it is not an ACL. I don’t know if it has been mentioned in this thread but it was the 20th Anniversary of Paul Lakes last game yesterday. And remembering what he went through I really hope it is not ACL.
There is no good ligament to tear in the knee.

I'm just getting back from a Ruptured ACL. As with others, it wasn't spotted on the X-ray, only when the did an arthoscopy did they see it and I rolled around like a big girl like Sergio did. But I walked off the pitch (5 a side). The difference was the swelling didn't come down for 8 weeks (they made mistakes) I think the club will be light years away from anything he will get from a hospital hospital. I'm just getting back after 14 months, but there again I'm 55 ! I don't think they will know for sure for a week or so.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. He'll be a massive miss, but a fully fit and firing Tevez is a bonus. If we were hit with this in the middle of last season we'd have been fucked. Hopefully, Sergio is right and it isn't too bad, a few weeks I can take, months I can not.

He has already confirmed there is no serious injury to the knee

No need for the scare-mongering.

Didsbury Dave said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's very encouraging. I've been quietly worrying about worst case scenario- a long period out and a slight loss of pace. He'd be nothing without that burst of pace over five yards.

You mean nothing apart from his amazing dribbling skills and eye for goal I presume

He goes past people because he has explosive pace, not because he 'dribbles'. I know you're being argumentative for the sake of it, Hamman Picallili, but anyone who knows the game will concur. he would be another Owen/fowler if he lost his pace. Being able to bang them in isn't effective unless you can get away from your man.
Tell that to the all time European competition goalscorers Raul and inzaghi :grin: also guys like huntelaar have scored tonnes of goals but are slow as fuck, I suppose it would be more a case of whether he could adapt his game or not. Do agree with your assessment of him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.