Aguero's disallowed goal

I thought originally Aguero was offside but the replay showed he was onside IMO, VAR will not be the faultless arbiter people think it will be because the human factor is still in play.How many of us have watch pundits on TV argue over penalties etc even with the benefit of super slomo's.

It's pretty clear his backside is offside.
But any possible problems in this respect should be rectified soon as all top flight grounds in Europe will, within 3 years, have 360 video (I.e. 3D camera video) and if/when this is available to VAR hey can move the camera angle to be parallel to the offside line and so much easier to be 100% accurate with offside decisions.
It has been installed at Etihad, Klanfield and the Emirates already:
https://www.fastcompany.com/9030253...tel-is-bringing-360-degree-replay-to-the-game
His backside was offside,I thought one criterion was that any body part that could used for scoring was deemed offside.So are they saying that Serge could have farted it in? :-)

His backside was offside,I thought one criterion was that any body part that could used for scoring was deemed offside.So are they saying that Serge could have farted it in? :-)

Next time its a Liverpool player or a utd one and his foot in in line as Kuns was i will wager any money they suddenly cry foul and say he is onside.

Another VAR decision, another one goes against us when its clear he is level.

It isn't VAR - it's the clueless, corrupt, incompetent (take yer pick!) fucker in the shed whose operating it! I wouldn't have Atkinson operating a school crossing patrol, nor a whelk stall at Morecambe.

It isn't VAR - it's the clueless, corrupt, incompetent (take yer pick!) fucker in the shed whose operating it! I wouldn't have Atkinson operating a school crossing patrol, nor a whelk stall at Morecambe.

Agree completely but it is VAR in so much the way the PL and PiGMOL have decided to use it completely differently from every other league/competition and again........why?

They are going to need a picture of the camera angle with the line they use for the final decision to be shown during game like they do with the goal line technology. Time to chip all the players boots and remove offside from the hands of the useless.

They are going to need a picture of the camera angle with the line they use for the final decision to be shown during game like they do with the goal line technology. Time to chip all the players boots and remove offside from the hands of the useless.

OR...accept that football is a game played by fallible individuals refereed by one and sack it off?

It's not improving the game one jot.

I also dislike how it is distancing the elite levels from lower league football still further

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.