Aguero's disallowed goal

It's pretty clear his backside is offside.
But any possible problems in this respect should be rectified soon as all top flight grounds in Europe will, within 3 years, have 360 video (I.e. 3D camera video) and if/when this is available to VAR hey can move the camera angle to be parallel to the offside line and so much easier to be 100% accurate with offside decisions.
It has been installed at Etihad, Klanfield and the Emirates already:
https://www.fastcompany.com/9030253...tel-is-bringing-360-degree-replay-to-the-game

Last edited:
You can't tell. That's my conclusion too and hence if that image was part of the VAR review then the goal should have stood.
No it should stay with the on field decision, which was offside, and was given before the ball was in the net. The linesman isn't in a great position, so guessed, but we can't correct one guess with another guess, or it becomes (more of) a farce.

Linesman called offside, the pictures on TV showed it was very close - no problem with the decision.

Aguero gets hit in 5 seconds, why no VAR? Second half we appeal for handball (in my opinion it isnt) very similar to one given against us mid week (which also shouldn't have been) except its from a crossbut no VAR.

I'm ok with close calls and I'd hope some of the Liverpool offsides might get seen. But where is the consistency. When should it be used.

Why can't it be put on the big screen so everyone fans, players, managers and the Ref see the same thing - stop this hiding, this secrecy, if there is nothing to hide let's all see it if nothing else it would reduce the paranoia I feel that they are trying to shaft us. Let refs explain decision during (via mic) or afterwards, of course they will get things wrong but they do now, but they will get more respect for being honest and open.
I have said all along that until viewing is available to all the corruption will go on. don't expect it on the big screen anytime soon.

The problem is the we are using a different version of VAR to EUFA. If they were swapped we’d not have given away the handball penalty and we would have scored yesterday! We seem to be going down the ‘clear and obvious mistake’ route, EUFA seem to be reviewing everything a changing the decision accordingly. Meanwhile, FIFA would have told the assistant NOT to flag but the outcome thereafter is anyone’s guess!
Only in football could you have a definitive review system implemented at least 3 different ways....
Farcical, it's almost like they don't want it to work...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.