Aguero's disallowed goal

Instinct I expect. They've spent their whole lives reacting and making that instant decision. Now all of a sudden they're told to not do that, but only for certain games. It'll take both time and using it every game before they adapt.

I agree with that too, I’m not sure that would be the agreed view were it to happen to us though...;)

Another VAR decision, another one goes against us when its clear he is level.

Var should be able to measure the distance from any player to the goal line to the nearest fuckin' micron! Didn't we get the benefit of 11mm versus the Dirty Dippers? If it can do it with a ball it can do it with anything. The bodies which misgovern the game at every level were more than happy to let the clear and obvious errors and mistakes made by referees, and to react to the instances which the ref has not seen disappear into a cloud of conjecture and debate, delighted that they couldn't have a re-run, but along comes Sky and we have a dozen cameras all over the show that demonstrate games and titles are won by errors that can be eradicated. Provide them with the technology or show them what technology is available and they instigate a system of technological use that delivers a similar outcome to what obtained for a hundred plus years! It just doesn't happen in other sports. There will always be an element of doubt, and where that doubt exists we don't make a match-changing decision!

What ancient grounds are those in the PL and even in the Championship?

Most if not all are of a standard that cameras and screens should not be of any issue whatsoever.
Anfield, the Swamp, Craven Cottage, Goodison, Selhurst etc for starters

There are screens at Fulham, Palace and Everton. Only the swamp and Anfield are so sophisticated that they don’t have them

Communication!

Imagine for one second refs being mic'd up and the crowd being able to hear communications with the players/VAR. Not only does it make everything 100% clear hell it even stops players talking to them like shit and introduces a much needed bit of respect into the game.

Nothing to fear, nothing to dislike and nothing to lose but nope..........not happening.........ever with this lot we currently have running the game, hell, they wont even allow its usage as per UEFA's own guidelines as thats a bit too honest for them and puts the onus and responsibility on the man in the middle having to look at a screen and holding his hands up to either being shit and blind or just fucking bent.

Nah.....keep it secret, play with your ear for 5 mins and then go with whatever suits the game/teams/players/managers involved and i wont even say agents, bookies and brown envelopes.

You seriously suggesting those grounds are not fit to have cameras and screens installed?
Not me, I’m all for it, having watched the game for 60 years I’m sick & tired of feeling sick at incompetent/ bent decisions. I’m shocked that so many on here are writing it off before it’s been fully tested, refined & implemented. Sure there will be teething problems but without it the game will die. I do agree that it must be transparent

Not me, I’m all for it, having watched the game for 60 years I’m sick & tired of feeling sick at incompetent/ bent decisions. I’m shocked that so many on here are writing it off before it’s been fully tested, refined & implemented. Sure there will be teething problems but without it the game will die. I do agree that it must be transparent

Without it the game will die!!!
Is it past your bedtime

VAR has been implemented, refined and tested in other sports and all we need to do as a game is follow in their footsteps.

Apply the laws of the game, communicate as much and hey presto, 99.99% of decisions are got right.

Never going too happen.

Communication!

Imagine for one second refs being mic'd up and the crowd being able to hear communications with the players/VAR. Not only does it make everything 100% clear hell it even stops players talking to them like shit and introduces a much needed bit of respect into the game.

Nothing to fear, nothing to dislike and nothing to lose but nope..........not happening.........ever with this lot we currently have running the game, hell, they wont even allow its usage as per UEFA's own guidelines as thats a bit too honest for them and puts the onus and responsibility on the man in the middle having to look at a screen and holding his hands up to either being shit and blind or just fucking bent.

Nah.....keep it secret, play with your ear for 5 mins and then go with whatever suits the game/teams/players/managers involved and i wont even say agents, bookies and brown envelopes.
They’re taking the piss out of the paying customers, transparency is important, except to our refs. They won’t even come on tv or talk to the papers, the shit bags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.