Aguero's disallowed goal

I thought the idea was to eliminate clear and obvious errors.
In the ground to me he looked yards offside but the time they took looking at it it must have been close.
But if it was close enough to not be obvious then I would have stuck with the original decision straight away and get on with the game
Not sure I am a fan of VAR at the moment

Until they use it the same as Rugby making it fully transparent, it will always have "dodgy decisions"

This is what perplexes me or at least it doesnt because i firmly believe they dont want it to work.

Other sports have led the way and done the groundwork.

All football has to do is implement it but no and you have to ask why not?

Incidently Otamendi's handball indicates a rewriting off the offside law to fit City up.
The handball rule has to be rewritten to get this correct. Protecting your nads and your arm down by your side as Ottamedndi's was should not be handball.

The poster of that picture said it was offside?

Moving on to your attack on @shevtheblue

I can 100% guarantee there are two different feeds. They have access to most of the same cameras during the game but have individual directors in their respective TV trucks choosing which cameras they show at any particular point. Sky have their own, and a company called Pitch provide their own for international coverage. I was at the game and haven't seen either feeds in their entirety. I've only seen the highlights on Sky thus far.

If Sky had access to an angle to help simpletons see it was offside more easily, I would have expected them to show it, but I'm not sure how you can say with 100% certainty that the Portuguese one didn't, unless you were watching the international stream yourself.

I used the John Stones incident v Liverpool to evidence how significant the angle of the camera is, and if you can't appreciate that or refuse to accept it, its your problem and nobody elses.

Aguero was offside yesterday. If any part of your body that you can play the ball with is beyond the last defender then its offside, and the majority of Aguero is offside.

Most people living in the real world can see it and has accepted that. Its just you in your tinfoil hat, begging for vindication that theres an agenda. There isn't.
All I would say on this is if we are happy to accept technology when it says goal against dippers we have to accept it when it says no goal.

This is what perplexes me or at least it doesnt because i firmly believe they dont want it to work.

Other sports have led the way and done the groundwork.

All football has to do is implement it but no and you have to ask why not?
My theory is that it would expose the levels of incompetence amongst their own, hence keep it wrapped up

Transparency is the key to building trust.

And while we are at it I’d also mike the refs up like in rugby - and enforce just the captains talking to the ref.

I agree with the 2nd part of your argument (I e. Seeing which teams get the rub of the green and which don't). But his arse is clearly further back than his boots which means he is offside.
It can be sorted out properly if the conversation between the referee and VAR official is public (like Rugby) and the order and result of VAR is made public by message (like Cricket).
In this case:
Foul : No
Offside: Yes - Aguero - Backside.
With a picture off offside player and picture of pass at the same moment in time (first touch of ball in passing motion).

Fernandinho's indiscretion against Shalke 04 would say:
Foul: Yes - Fernandinho - pull down.
(Offside being irrelevant as it is evaluated after the foul.)
If AGuero's backside is behind his foot then you are right, but I am not sure it is. It's not easy to make 3D assessments from a 2 D image. I hope VAR's offside calls are not based on that or the whole system is flawed and you might as well rely on an official who is at least in line and get an instant decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.