Aguero's disallowed goal

But when is it ever ruled in our favour ? Go back to the clear penalty against Burton where they seemed to feel sorry for Burton and didn't give it.
But back to yesterday, I was at the game and accepted in was offside, then later I see where they have drawn a line showing he is onside. VAR is meant to rule out mistakes and controversy, it seems, or at least the officials seem to be doing the opposite.

Apparently if you zoom 100 times to the ofside var line there is a 3mm ofside printed on it. So sergio was 3mm ofside thats an accurate reading by Var.

Yesterday Real Madrid were given a penalty for a defender's air shot. He tried to welly the ball clear, missed it and forward went down. Ref gave it, and VAR reviewed it and didn't overturn it.

Technically I guess you can say a player can be fouled without being touched if he has to take evasive action to avoid being hurt but who is benefiting from VAR at the moment?

Real Madrid and not MCFC.

I agree Aguero looks level. I think City should be having a word with referee's body to seek some guidance on this because that's twice in a week that VAR should have seen decisions in our favour and both went against us.

I know fans are biased and we are too but offsides should be clear-cut. If a goal is scored and Aguero is level, why isn't he given the goal. Was he marginally offside? If so can we see the proof?

Should Agueros goal have been given I thought no in real time. But definitely on the highlights that var is shite

VAR isnt shite. We have to try and make sure we get the correct decision and the ****s who oversee the footage are made accountable.

We need 4 fixed camera`s set up in the same positions over looking play at every ground. These 4 pieces of footage should be put up on the screens at grounds.

We cannot rely on the pigmol ****s to give the correct decisions without the above.

Reactions: mat
VAR isnt shite. We have to try and make sure we get the correct decision and the ****s who oversee the footage are made accountable.

We need 4 fixed camera`s set up in the same positions over looking play at every ground. These 4 pieces of footage should be put up on the screens at grounds.

We cannot rely on the pigmol ****s to give the correct decisions without the above.

City’s ground like a few others bext season will have 360 defree cameras so no excuses regarding var at those grounds.

VAR clearly showed it was level so a goal.

So the VAR reviewers are either bottlers, blind, don’t know the rules, or simply cheats.... take your pick
I'll pick the cheat option.

Moss was told not to look at the video screen and trust Atkinson to make the right decision for him. Richard Keys confirmed this on Bein Sports pre kick off.

Reilly is deliberatly breaking the rules of VAR and not being punished for it.

We can get shafted time and time again because we dont make a deal out of any bad decisions. Pep should be questioning the elbow to sergio the out right body checks and last gasps tackle on our players! One player doing it 2 seconds apart plus that Var decision Pep should be asking why wasnt that given?!
Pep knows if he call it out the FA will ban him for 3 matches. His response after Schalke was sarcastic and saying nowt after this final benefits.

For the record I agree Serge was offside. I couldn't understand why they kept moving the lines to reach their decision though?

There were other incidents that were reviewed and ignored. I think the officials bottled sending Jorginho off at kick off fearful that as a spectacle the game would be over as we'd smack another 6 past them.

Interesting that VAR both yesterday and in the Champions League were checking offside based on the players feet.

The feet yesterday looked level but I'm certain Aguero's upper body was offside.

it was offside. Just.

2w2eouf.jpg
How can anyone tell from that picture ?

What you can see is why the lino flagged, he's in just as bad a position as the camera, but at least the camera isn't mobile.

I was pretty much in line with it, and I didn't bother celebrating, as it looked like a clear offside to me, I was surprised when it was even checked.

But the rule in Football is “clear and obvious mistake” if replays shows he was onside then it is exactly that?

Thought this did not apply to offside, its for this reason in WC, that the linos were told not to flag if it was close and the review would decide

Last edited:
VAR is shite. fuck it off and give us our game back.

I wanted it for years, naively thinking it would reduce the number of joke penalties the rags received every year by about 2/3rds, but it’s been clear since its actual introduction that it’s going to be used arbitrarily to assist some clubs and penalise certain others. No doubt whatsoever how it will be used in City matches. They’ll be looking to disallow every goal we score.

And that’s without mentioning the dampening effect it has on goal celebrations

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.