Aguero's disallowed goal

Well when I saw it real time from 137 I was convinced he was off side so I have no issue - the VAR shots show it was very close, but for me even from them Auero's offside - and anyway, we won the bl**dy game so who cares!

The picture on page 5 doesn't even show the fucking ball. It's not even close to definitive.

Stop being a twat towards another blue because they saw a different angle to you. It's extremely close and different replays seem to have put the line in different places.
Quite a weird reaction TBH, i specifically said 'the angle that i saw' not that the angle i saw was the correct one or that they had even got the frame spot on. To go straight from that to calling someone a liar or attention seeker, especially considering we support the same team.

Are VAR reviews for goals 'reviewed' or does the technology just say goal or no goal, like Hawkeye in tennis?

I thought there wasn't a review for offside, as it should be yes/no, and not opinion (same with whether something is inside or outside the areas, for example).
That's my recollection form the World Cup anyway.

Oh fuck off you jumped up little prick and try reading his post and mine before calling someone a twat.

Aguero is clearly leaning forward as the picture clearly shows his head is the furthest part of his body from being offside, never mind the part of him that actually is offside. I’m not even commenting about the ball, I shouldn’t have wasted my time on explaining the first bit in fairness.
Fuckin' hell mate, why are you in such a bad mood today? We won a trophy yesterday, we got a couple points back from the Scousers and everyone is just having a DISCUSSION on decisions from the game that we won. There is clearly some debate on it as people on the forum and across media platforms have different opinions so it's not as clear cut as you seem to think, so let's just take a deep breath before calling someone a liar or/and an attention seeker.

How can anyone tell from that picture ?

What you can see is why the lino flagged, he's in just as bad a position as the camera, but at least the camera isn't mobile.

I was pretty much in line with it, and I didn't bother celebrating, as it looked like a clear offside to me, I was surprised when it was even checked.

When was the ball kicked? That picture could have been taken anytime...

They need to be mic'd up so those in the ground and watching on TV have a full understanding of what is going on

I'm all for the concept of VAR and Goal Line Technology.
I don't have a problem with the goal being disallowed yesterday as it wasn't a clear mistake by the linesman or ref.
You cannot tell definitively whether he was or wasn't onside.
Similarly Hazard was clean through in the second half and was deemed offside. It could only have been marginal.

The problem I have is in the inconsistency of decision making across the game in different jurisdictions and from one team to another (Us and the rest ;) ). Is it a coincident which teams seemed to fair best out of it consistently?
The only way to put any faith into it in my mind is to have the conversations and the video replays public, like in rugby.
It is still not perfect but greatly eliminates to opportunity for misuse or open corruption.

I thought there wasn't a review for offside, as it should be yes/no, and not opinion (same with whether something is inside or outside the areas, for example).
That's my recollection form the World Cup anyway.

Offside/onside is a matter of fact. My question is, is it the VAR(ref) to look at the lines an d judge or does the technology tell them?

For offise
The picture on page 5 doesn't even show the fucking ball. It's not even close to definitive.

Stop being a twat towards another blue because they saw a different angle to you. It's extremely close and different replays seem to have put the line in different places.

For information the picture is the official VAR, so presumably it was frozen at the point the ball was kicked

Oh fuck off you jumped up little prick and try reading his post and mine before calling someone a twat.

Aguero is clearly leaning forward as the picture clearly shows his head is the furthest part of his body from being offside, never mind the part of him that actually is offside. I’m not even commenting about the ball, I shouldn’t have wasted my time on explaining the first bit in fairness.

He had an opinion, you called him names. "lying, attention seeking"

I'd rather listen to opinion than someone barking accusations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.