Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: That's why edin dosent start

Don't forget the fantastic chance he had at ~74'. One of our best chances of the game. Dribbled a defender and the keeper and was thwarted at the last moment.

We have been shit all season, apart from sunderland who are naff and patches at west brom was good. We need to start playing a team week in week out, this rotation shite does my head in.

Well done Milner though, our only decent player tonight.

jollylescott said:
LoveCity said:
Should have spent better in summer, a top midfielder for this level which Barry is not (Mancini wanted De Rossi) and some actual pace and ingenuity (Mancini wanted Hazard) would have improved our team a lot for Europe instead of spending £50million on potential and sideways steps mostly. A composed and creative deep sitting midfielder is important for Europe 9 times out of 10 (the 10th being Chelsea last season when the stars aligned for them).

100 times this!

Its all part of it.. And if we are going to trace the issue I'd say it starts from there.

Although as a manager bobby shud be able adjust and work best with he has.

As a non-City supporter that wanted City to qualify through the UCL Group Stage, this is my synopsis of why City aren't performing to thier capabilies this season.
I never thought I'd say this because I am not a fan of his but I think they miss Nigel De-Jong.
I did not rate his abilty on the ball, but off it, he was one of the best at screening the defence, winning the ball and providing it to those who can play.
I saw something tonight that really shocked me. 74%. That was the pass accuracy of Gareth Barry.
If this was an attacking midfielder who was attempting lots of defence splitting passes It could be forgiven. But for a Defensive Midfielder this is totally unacceptable. It should be in 90% region, minimum.
Lescott is NOT Champions League quality and NEVER will be. You are better off blooding Nastasic.
Kompany is out of sorts this season for some reason and is making simple errors.
Confusion amongst players over the system they should be playing and how to implement it.
Reliance on mediocre players. i.e. Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Maicon, Lescott, Balotelli.
Surrendering possession and not imposing their play on the opposition.
Failure to strengthen the squad in the summer.

Tony101 said:
Micah blames the manager lol....says alot about the guy. The whole team was sh!t aaginst a very young and inexperienced team and they simply got outfought. Didnt have anything to do with tactics, but desire. Even though the tactics are not great thats a poor excuse

i agree totally.....chuckle got it spot on when he said city should just steam-roll ajax and over power them.....we didnt influence the game in any way or want to stamp our authority on them

they were a young team, as inexperienced in the CL as we are and we should have bossed them

The £50 price for Madrid is looking pricey now! I predict a few empty
Seats for that.

Very poor tonight and we got what we deserved. We have one point and let's face it we don't deserve that.

12 matches this season and only 5 wins. Poor.

We have only played well in 3 of them.

Midfield has always been a problem and it showed tonight.

How the fuck are Rodwell, Sinclair, Garcia, nasty and Maicon going to improve this?

£50m spent in the summer, worse than last year. No
Sense in that.

If we can't qualify then please finish last because
I won't be going to any of those shitty Thursday night games and it will just hold us back in the league. Prem and Fa cup are now the priorities and I think Mancini is in trouble if this continues.

Tony101 said:
Micah blames the manager lol....says alot about the guy. The whole team was sh!t aaginst a very young and inexperienced team and they simply got outfought. Didnt have anything to do with tactics, but desire. Even though the tactics are not great thats a poor excuse

He didn't blame the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.