Alan Hansen [Merged]

Hi chaps, been reading for a bit, thought I'd get involved.

I personally think both City and Spurs deserve a lot of credit for how far theyve both come. Top sides the pair of them and both will go from strength to strength. I dont see what the big issue with Hansen is tbh, I actually think hes got it pretty spot on. Spurs probably are the better side right now, certainly collectively and I would say individually as well but only just. I think collectively because they are good both at the back and going forward whereas City are obviously great going forward but you do sense that they are vulnerable defensively.

My tuppence....

Gomes v Given - Equal as both superb
Corluka v Zab - Both are good players but not great.
Dawson v Toure - Dawson every day of the week, best defender in the country this year
King v Lescott - King again, shame he cant play more often
Bale v Bridge - Bale, an unbelievably talented youngster
SWP v Lennon - very close, both similar but I'd take Lennon just
Huddlestone v Barry - tough one, Barry for me just
Palacios v De Jong - Palacios
Modric v Bellamy - Modric
Tevez v Defoe - Tevez
Adebayor v Pavlyuchenko - Adebayor

Then you consider players like Assou Ekotto, Bentley, Ireland, Richards, Crouch, Bassong, Woodgate and Kranjcar. Both squads are superb.

Anyway I fancy Spurs to get a result at City as I do feel that City could struggle defensively against Spurs, who offer a far bigger threat going forward than Villa do. However, the big test will be City trying to unlock an exceptional defence. Its all set for an absolute cracker and may the best side win.

Saint Scott said:

I personally think both City and Spurs deserve a lot of credit for how far theyve both come. Top sides the pair of them and both will go from strength to strength. I dont see what the big issue with Hansen is tbh, I actually think hes got it pretty spot on. Spurs probably are the better side right now, certainly collectively and I would say individually as well but only just. I think collectively because they are good both at the back and going forward whereas City are obviously great going forward but you do sense that they are vulnerable defensively.

My tuppence....

Dawson v Toure - Dawson every day of the week, best defender in the country this year
Tevez v Defoe - Tevez

Then you consider players like Assou Ekotto, Bentley, Ireland, Richards, Crouch, Bassong, Woodgate and Kranjcar. Both squads are superb.

Anyway I fancy Spurs to get a result at City as I do feel that City could struggle defensively against Spurs, who offer a far bigger threat going forward than Villa do. However, the big test will be City trying to unlock an exceptional defence. Its all set for an absolute cracker and may the best side win.
i agree with most of this, i dont think spurs will get anything at city as the blues have a bigger bite, a bigger heart. spurs are mary helens, they need protection from every ref and usually get it.
this post does however highlight our shortcomings, the poster quite rightly points out some spurs players are better than ours, that is just not acceptable, it shows we have a bit to go yet.

Saint Scott said:

My tuppence....

Tevez v Defoe - Tevez

Crackin' 1st post but, DJ will terrorise Palacios and they're all better han Pavlyuchenko..

Re: Alan Hansen

Oasis_City said:
Notice how he said our goals were because of errors but never said the same about theirs?

every goal ever scored is due to an error of some kind or another...
the twat is taking the easy route and stating the obvious.

Saint Scott said:

My tuppence....

Tevez v Defoe - Tevez

Given barry swp Lescott will not start/play on weds
So your match ups are wrong
Kompany has been outstanding this season and since mancini our defence has become very strong
Also have you seen your away record vs top 8 this season?

Won 0 drew 2 lost 5

2-1 city with an atmostsphere better than hamburg last season

scowy68 said:
The man who once famously declared.You dont win nothing with kids......

You don't win anything with kids. You don't win "nothing" is a double negative and would therefore mean you win everything.

dario2739 said:
Thatchersforearm said:
Did he just say 'Tottenham, you'd hope' when asked who would finish 4th?

Are my ears fucking deceiving me?

You know what I think it actually is, is that they all think that if Spuds get 4th, it'll be a one season blip, they'll exit the CL quick and normality will be restored when Liverpool regain their rightful place in the top 4 next season...

...whereas if we get 4th they know we'll be there for fucking years, be able to attract the top, top players, outbid any fucker!

They're shitting themselves... we just have to do our talking on the pitch... 2 wins to shut the fuckers up!

Lawro said that if we get 4th we will win the league within 3 years...

twat...what does he know.??<br /><br />-- Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 am --<br /><br />
bluemoon32 said:
The really bitter part was the " Spurs have the better players, individually and collectively".
Although, i must admit that Spurs do worry me, especially going forward

And I expect we worry the Spuds.:)

Saint Scott said:

My tuppence....

Johnson v Lennon - very close, both similar but I'd take Johnson just - as will Capello
Palacios v De Jong - DeJong
Modric v Bellamy - Bellamy
Tevez v Defoe - Tevez

Saint Scott said:

My tuppence....

Tevez v Defoe - Tevez

So where do adam johnson, viera and fulop come into the eqation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.