Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

So I spoke to the doctor. Need to have blood tests to see how much damage I have done to myself. Might need some b12 injection???
The hard work starts now, I have normalised alcohol into my life so well that with it bei g gone time will seem like it's stopped. This is it though I stop or I lose everything, I worked hard for everything I dont want to lose due to drinking. So here it is Day 1
Good luck , you can do it mate

There's a decent AA documentary on iplayer which is quite revealing, where they go behind the scenes and interview attendees.

Been a few months since I watched it but there isn't a focus on God, it is up to you to define your "Higher power".
Fun fact. The famous quote about doing something over and over being the definition of insanity. It's attributed to Einstein but was made up in one of the early AA books.

So I spoke to the doctor. Need to have blood tests to see how much damage I have done to myself. Might need some b12 injection???
The hard work starts now, I have normalised alcohol into my life so well that with it bei g gone time will seem like it's stopped. This is it though I stop or I lose everything, I worked hard for everything I dont want to lose due to drinking. So here it is Day 1

1:43hr in the video I posted talks about the need for B12 supplementation.

How good are alcohol free beers these days? I’m a new found vegetarian and some of the fake meat options are excellent including Richmond sausages.

It gives me the sensation of eating meat (sausage sandwich was a staple Saturday morning breakfast for decades) yet it’s vegan.

If someone can replace alcohol with a 0% drink then that’s certainly one option.
Some are ok and I use them to take a break etc. The McGuigan free wines are good. I actually think the Budweiser is good and it's the cheapest at 3 quid for 4 330 cans.

How good are alcohol free beers these days? I’m a new found vegetarian and some of the fake meat options are excellent including Richmond sausages.

It gives me the sensation of eating meat (sausage sandwich was a staple Saturday morning breakfast for decades) yet it’s vegan.

If someone can replace alcohol with a 0% drink then that’s certainly one option.

Ghost ship, Punk AF and Shipyard are all quite nice. Heineken 0% on draft is nice as well. Perfect if you need to attend a meal/ doo and are driving.

Whilst these may help some folk with cravings and bridging the gap to sobriety, switching to AF is carrying on habits / behaviour where life revolves around drink.

Ghost ship, Punk AF and Shipyard are all quite nice. Heineken 0% on draft is nice as well. Perfect if you need to attend a meal/ doo and are driving.

Whilst these may help some folk with cravings and bridging the gap to sobriety, switching to AF is carrying on habits / behaviour where life revolves around drink.
Yes drinking AF beers every day is not to be recommended, cost too much anyway.
But they are nice infrequently as an alternative, I don't drink fizzy juice so would prefer an AF Guinness as a treat on occasion rather than another glass of water or cup of Tea / coffee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.