Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Call me a boring b*stard but I don't know how people can drink mid week on a school night. I used to enjoy a few scoops on a Thursday night in my early 20s when I could hack it but in general the combo of working and being hungover is awful.

I completely understand some industries have a boozy culture, especially in London where you can easily get the tube and not worry about driving.

So 3 days in. Didn't need weening or drugs to be safe from not drinking. Feel okay, with everything at stake I have found it easy especially with booze removed from the house!
Had to refer myself to a psychiatrist as some underlying shit in my life which has most certainly came to the foreground with the drinking stopped.
It's good to have some control over my life again, my taste has started to come back which is nice . The 8hrs keep a night is incredible.
In the words of the famous Churchill quote Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
Great start that.

The hardest moments will come when your mind is free to wander. If you can fend off those moments then you stand a good chance of kicking the habit.

Call me a boring b*stard but I don't know how people can drink mid week on a school night. I used to enjoy a few scoops on a Thursday night in my early 20s when I could hack it but in general the combo of working and being hungover is awful.

I completely understand some industries have a boozy culture, especially in London where you can easily get the tube and not worry about driving.
You boring bastard. :) And also, not much of tip is it?

Is it just me or is your diet much worse when drinking in excess?

Feel like I care much more about myself and others when I’m not drinking

Does drinking make you selfish?
When sober, I could think about not only the entire contents of the known universe but also what could feasibly be outside of that. After a few drinks, my sphere of consciousness would start to diminish. Drink some more and I couldn't think outside of where I was drinking, (what was going on at home that I was supposed to be attending to, work the next morning etc.)

Drink more and the consciousness sphere gets smaller still until it excludes even the other people around me.

It then is just me and the glass in my hand.

Then the lights go out on that last glimmer and it's into a drunken slumber, not giving a fuck about anything or anyone else.

So yes, it certainly made me selfish.

I’ve found cutting out some foods I like harder than cutting down on the booze.
Cutting down/stopping the booze gives you a different mindset when considering your health/wellbeing and encouraged me to eat healthier………and feel a whole lot better in mind and body……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.