Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Best of luck all you guys trying, find your reason why you want to stop & remind yourself daily. Ask for support, don’t be proud there’s plenty ready to help. Ive started volunteering at a treatment centre, just being there to support the experts & drive the patients, anything to make life easier for patients & staff.

I recommend it to others, you’d be surprised how much you get from it.

One week sober today. The first 3 days I had insomnia and my anxiety went crazy.

At the game I distanced myself from others and had a Bovril instead of as beer.

Woke up Sunday feeling good for the first time in years. First time iv been at my lads football not hungover which was amazing.

I have wanted to stop for a while but my mindset wouldn't allow it. I'm not sure what happened but something clicked and I didn't want to be drunk anymore and feel depressed.

I know it's only one week but that is one week more then I have managed in the last 15yrs and I'm proud of myself.

My lad even siad well done on Sunday night for not having alcohol over the weekend.... He's 8 yes old.

One week sober today. The first 3 days I had insomnia and my anxiety went crazy.

Woke up Sunday feeling good for the first time in years. First time iv been at my lads football not hungover which was amazing.

I have wanted to stop for a while but my mindset wouldn't allow it. I'm not sure what happened but something clicked and I didn't want to be drunk anymore and feel depressed.

I know it's only one week but that is one week more then I have managed in the last 15yrs and I'm proud of myself.

My lad even siad well done on Sunday night for not having alcohol over the weekend.... He's 8 yes old.
That's brilliant to hear. Makes it all worthwhile. Keep it going and you get that great feeling all the time. Well done.

Is it just me or is your diet much worse when drinking in excess?

Feel like I care much more about myself and others when I’m not drinking

Does drinking make you selfish?

Your appetite increases when you drink alcohol so it's easy to graze on unhealthy food when out.

You also crave sugar and carbs/stodgy food the next day when hungover as your blood sugar levels have dropped.

You might then think going to the gym after a heavy weekend is the answer to burn off the extra calories but all your body will do during that first training session is flush out the booze rather than target stored energy and fat burning.

You can't maintain a healthy diet and see gains without reducing your intake dramatically. You can still enjoy nice food and a couple of beers once a week, just don't kick the arse out of it.

Last edited:

Well done….it gets easier but never gets easy…one day at a time and don’t beat yourself up if you have a blip..

6 months sober today. Has been really tough at times but pleased to have made it to this milestone.

Now to tidy up the diet and start running. I have replaced the alcohol with sweets and chocolate but now it’s time to reduce that intake.

good luck to anyone fighting the good fight. it is a fucking horrible drug and I sincerely wish anyone who is struggling the best of luck

6 months sober today. Has been really tough at times but pleased to have made it to this milestone.

Now to tidy up the diet and start running. I have replaced the alcohol with sweets and chocolate but now it’s time to reduce that intake.

good luck to anyone fighting the good fight. it is a fucking horrible drug and I sincerely wish anyone who is struggling the best of luck

Two cracking milestones reached there. Congratulations, and best of luck to the both of you.

Small steps.
Well done from Oz!

Wow well done you, but I have to say it's quite alarming that he is already picking up on that at 8

You got this blue!

Your appetite increases when you drink alcohol so it's easy to graze on unhealthy food when out.

You also crave sugar and carbs/stodgy food the next day when hungover as your blood sugar levels have dropped.

You might then think going to the gym after a heavy weekend is the answer to burn off the extra calories but all your body will do during that first training session is flush out the booze rather than target stored energy and fat burning.

You can't maintain a healthy diet and see gains without reducing your intake dramatically. You can still enjoy nice food and a couple of beers once a week, just don't kick the arse out of it.
There in lies the problem, it's all too easy/ inevitable when out with the lads on a matchday, if you have 1 your on it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.