Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

That was why I capitulated today
i know i will drink in Istanbul and I too
was worried a bit how I would feel after drinking
having had a big break from it,
so with everything in place today
going in my favour I broke my promise.
You've had one backwards step after 86 forward ones. But you're still on the right path

I've cut down considerably but I knew Id have a drink before Madrid match because I was so nervous. I'll have a couple during the cup final, then none until the CL final the following week.

Im drinking a lot less, losing weight, my blood pressure is down 40 points. I'm sure your health has improved as well

I won’t be going mental, but I thought it would be nice to have a few drinks with friends for the journey. Still feel horrible today though and part of me wishes I hadn’t broke my run
My streak really is the only thing that keeps me going some days. There's been a couple of times when I've literally been standing in the wine aisle, choosing a bottle, when the only thing that's stopped me is the thought of how I'll feel the next day when my streak is gone.

2 years and 1 day since my last drink. Ironically the night of our last CL final...

After a few weeks of massively reining it in to below 30 units a week had a couple of pretty heavy weeks of about 70 units a week the last fortnight.

Got Wembley and Istanbul coming up too. Problem is, there’s always a fucking excuse. Work doesn’t help, where it’s on offer all the time.

Didn’t find cutting down too much of a chore, but it creeps back in so easily.

Think I’ve got to knock any impromptu trips to the local and drinking from home completely on the head if I’ve got a chance of keeping my drinking below dangerous levels.

Realise my ‘struggles’ aren’t on the same page as many on here, who I respect greatly for their efforts and commitment.

My streak really is the only thing that keeps me going some days. There's been a couple of times when I've literally been standing in the wine aisle, choosing a bottle, when the only thing that's stopped me is the thought of how I'll feel the next day when my streak is gone.

2 years and 1 day since my last drink. Ironically the night of our last CL final...

you tracking your streak? I Am Sober is a great app.

After a few weeks of massively reining it in to below 30 units a week had a couple of pretty heavy weeks of about 70 units a week the last fortnight.

Got Wembley and Istanbul coming up too. Problem is, there’s always a fucking excuse. Work doesn’t help, where it’s on offer all the time.

Didn’t find cutting down too much of a chore, but it creeps back in so easily.

Think I’ve got to knock any impromptu trips to the local and drinking from home completely on the head if I’ve got a chance of keeping my drinking below dangerous levels.

Realise my ‘struggles’ aren’t on the same page as many on here, who I respect greatly for their efforts and commitment.

at least you are outlining where you feel you are going wrong.

small steps :-)

You've had one backwards step after 86 forward ones. But you're still on the right path

I've cut down considerably but I knew Id have a drink before Madrid match because I was so nervous. I'll have a couple during the cup final, then none until the CL final the following week.

Im drinking a lot less, losing weight, my blood pressure is down 40 points. I'm sure your health has improved as well
Is exactly the right way to look at it I would suggest - don't cain yourself @blue44 .............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.