Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I think I’m going to kick booze before too long. I’m getting bored of it.
I quit at 69 after 5 decades of pissing it up, was away on a jolly in Amsterdam and thought to myself I’m not enjoying drinking anymore and stopped…….best move ever, it’s never to late

I quit at 69 after 5 decades of pissing it up, was away on a jolly in Amsterdam and thought to myself I’m not enjoying drinking anymore and stopped…….best move ever, it’s never to late
I’m 43 and have felt that way for a while. I stopped for five months at 40 with depression and for about three at 42 with bowel cancer.

I never have alcohol at home and am doing things like eating very late to make it not worth going out. I’m saving money, the weight is staying off etc.

It was little things too. Hangovers were getting far worse.

I’m 43 and have felt that way for a while. I stopped for five months at 40 with depression and for about three at 42 with bowel cancer.

I never have alcohol at home and am doing things like eating very late to make it not worth going out. I’m saving money, the weight is staying off etc.

It was little things too. Hangovers were getting far worse.
I was self medicating with alcohol for many years…….stick with it your life will improve 1000%……good luck

I was self medicating with alcohol for many years…….stick with it your life will improve 1000%……good luck
I saw Birkenhead Billy just weeks ago outside his usual dump pub. Bookies and pubs became his life. His funeral was yesterday and I don’t believe he was even 70.

I’ll be off it from Monday for a good few weeks. Nights out bore me to tears now and most of my locals are finished.

Same as I did.
I stopped just over a year ago at age 64.
Just got fed up with it.
I will have the occasional drink, at a party or on holiday but not bothered thw rest of the time.

How's everybody getting on? Start of a new month, anybody set any goals for August or the rest of the year?

Usually baking outside by now with the beer gardens full but that's not the case in Manchester so far this year. Quite selfishly I love this weather. My head associates sunshine with drugs and alcohol far too easily!

I’m doing good too. I’ve stopped going to the pub regularly and thusly cut down by a huge amount. The weight is staying off and the bank account is healthier too.

I can’t remember the last session I had but it’s easily over a month ago. I used to go mad every weekend.

Slowly but surely and I think I’ll be ok.

I’m doing good too. I’ve stopped going to the pub regularly and thusly cut down by a huge amount. The weight is staying off and the bank account is healthier too.

I can’t remember the last session I had but it’s easily over a month ago. I used to go mad every weekend.

Slowly but surely and I think I’ll be ok.
It gets easier but it never gets easy……well done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.