Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I wish I’d never been introduced to the stuff.

I’m now 54 and have added smoking to my drinking. I’ve never smoked until last year.

I finish work (at home) and buy beer, wine and ten cigs. I indulge in it from around 3pm until now, which typing this I’m on my last glass of wine and the cigs are gone. When I go to bed I say tomorrow will be purely water.

It never is.
Sorry to hear that. Can I ask why you started smoking so late in life?

Sorry to hear that. Can I ask why you started smoking so late in life?
My mum became life changingly ill last year. At one point in May 2023 she died, but was brought back instantly. I didn’t witness that, but my dad did. He phoned me and after the call I needed something else to get through that next day.

And here we are.

My mum became life changingly ill last year. At one point in May 2023 she died, but was brought back instantly. I didn’t witness that, but my dad did. He phoned me and after the call I needed something else to get through that next day.

And here we are.
I can imagine that was pretty hard to comprehend.

Still not given up. There's so many rituals that involve drinking. Birthdays, anniversaries etc. Going to the match. Everyone knows it's bad luck and City lose if you don't have 2 pints at half time.

I've had a week in Spain, week in Turkey and week in Portugal in the last 5 weeks. Stopping drinking would have caused dehydration.

Now I've got no excuse. Intend to abstain as long as possible

I can sink a few 330ml cans most nights if I wanted to do that. Sometimes I go on a weekly run. Other times I go Monday to Friday without a drink. I always drink on Saturday and Sunday. I never drink in the morning or in the afternoon. I drink more when the weather is warmer. And when football is on. I’m not an alcoholic. But I drink too much. When I’m out I know when to stop drinking. When I’m at home I can drink until 1am in the morning at weekends. I tend to stick to 2 different beer brands at home. I never mix my drinks. I don’t drink spirits, wine or cider. I drink IPA’s at home and in pubs. I don’t think I have a drink problem, but I shouldn’t drink as much as I do. One more for the road! :-)

Been 16 years sober now and last week ended up in a nightclub in Lille at 4am in the morning,got to say how enjoyable it was to see people "enjoying themselves" smashed ,Jesus Christ ,
Who ever thought alcohol was a good idea ,why you would want to pay to act like a complete moron is beyond me ..
The others struggled the next day I just thought pricks :+)
I have taken up going on multiple trips since stopping drinking and I see buying 2 pints £15 ISH as a flight away somewhere,must be doing something right done over 100 flights since COVID ,;+)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.