Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Yeah I get anxious frequently throughout the day mainly health related. Have this huge fear about having a heart attack and then of course you start feeling the symptoms and before you know it your having a full panic attack. Also suffer with social aniexty where the drink really helped. Either way I will be sure to check out some YouTube videos, desperate for anything to help.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative post. Really appreciate it and gives me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you Continue to flourish and wish you the best for 2022. Thanks again mate.
I've been through ALL of what you're going through, mate. I know it seems like you're stuck in this endless cycle of worry, anxiety, panic, but you WILL get through it. It would be good to see your doctor to get a general check up (easier said than done at the moment, I know) as knowing that you're ok health wise can relieve a lot of the worry.
If your heart is of average health, you will NOT have any heart attacks or such. Even when you panic and it feels like your heart is going to explode, it's perfectly safe...it's meant to beat that fast when we worry. And it can beat that fast for a long time too. It feels awful and scary at the time but it's just your body's way of dealing with a threat...a threat that you're imagining. You get to the stage where the fear is...of panic attacks themselves. We imagine them to be something they're not. Like we imagine the next one will finish us off or something!
Next time you're getting panicky, just let it happen. Go with the flow. ALLOW yourself to panic. Nothing bad can happen. Once the brain gets used to nothing bad happening, it gets bored of panic attacks, and you stop being scared of them.

Oh my heed, on detox now, this last week has been brutal.

Never used to get hangover but this is two bad ones in a week, must be an age thing!

Just popping on this thread to hope everyone who is trying to stop, gets their wish. I'm on 100 days today. Got through Christmas and the turn of the year last night without having a drop of alcohol.

To those who like their drink, don't have one for me. Have one less for me :)
Outstanding effort mate...........

Just popping by to see how people quitting alcohol have coped over xmas...

Just popping on this thread to hope everyone who is trying to stop, gets their wish. I'm on 100 days today. Got through Christmas and the turn of the year last night without having a drop of alcohol.

To those who like their drink, don't have one for me. Have one less for me :)
Bloody good effort.

@DMA's How did you get on over xmas?
Hey mate, Christmas went well thanks hope you had a good Christmas also. On day 87 now of no drinking still get the odd temptation but nothing too strong, As for the aniexty that seems to be slowly improving (hope Im not tempting fate) had my first day back at my job today so that’s a positive.

Hoping to get to the etihad for the fa cup game. Fingers crossed I can do it. Appreciate you asking how I’m doing. Hope all is well with you mate

Hey mate, Christmas went well thanks hope you had a good Christmas also. On day 87 now of no drinking still get the odd temptation but nothing too strong, As for the aniexty that seems to be slowly improving (hope Im not tempting fate) had my first day back at my job today so that’s a positive.

Hoping to get to the etihad for the fa cup game. Fingers crossed I can do it. Appreciate you asking how I’m doing. Hope all is well with you mate
Good work, Mate. Keep it up!
Keep your fingers crossed. It makes picking up a full pint glass much more difficult!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.