Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

One year, no alcohol.

I'm not bragging. Just thanking everyone who helped.

Can't say I don't miss it but I am sure glad I don't suffer from its hold over me any more.

I have noticed my family and friends have reduced their intake too. Maybe just when around me, I don't know.

What I do know is that I am definitely in a better place relationship-wise, health-wise, job-wise and finance-wise.

I truly hope all those who are struggling with any addictions get the support they need to overcome them. (My PM door is always open.)
Well done mate

One year, no alcohol.

Can't say I don't miss it but I am sure glad I don't suffer from its hold over me any more.

I have noticed my family and friends have reduced their intake too. Maybe just when around me, I don't know.

What I do know is that I am definitely in a better place relationship-wise, health-wise, job-wise and finance-wise.

I truly hope all those who are struggling with any addictions get the support they need to overcome them. (My PM door is always open.)
That is a huge milestone and truly great achievement - it's such a weird thing that a lot of people struggle with (me included).

We all know of the endless benefits to kicking it but it's still such a large part of our lives.

We are a weird bunch...........

One year, no alcohol.

Makes me happy to hear that, mate. Isn't it a nice feeling to wake up in the mornings alcohol-free? Life starts to come back together.

Mate this thread if for hints and tips to stop drinking if it is impacting your life. Your look at how much a lad I am because I got hammered last night post isn't appropriate, read the room .
I'm sure no malice was meant. There's room for a bit of humour, some don't understand alcoholism, and all that comes with it, because they're either not alcoholics, or they're in denial.
Flippant posts don't help, granted, but they don't detract from the main purpose of the thread imo.
Not saying you were wrong to call it, but I tend to bypass the unhelpful posts and concentrate on the positive ones :-)

One year, no alcohol.

I had managed 1 year, 2 months and 3 weeks, but then recently I had a big shock with one of my kids (has decided to start University as a young woman) just a name change and clothes and make-up so far and I hope she gets all the proper help and guidance on this before anything medical is begun.

But as I drove home I stopped at an Off Licence and I'm sad about that.

I had managed 1 year, 2 months and 3 weeks, but then recently I had a big shock with one of my kids (has decided to start University as a young woman) just a name change and clothes and make-up so far and I hope she gets all the proper help and guidance on this before anything medical is begun.

But as I drove home I stopped at an Off Licence and I'm sad about that.
No words from me, a stranger to you, will ever make you feel better at the moment.
All I will say is this, your child would want you to support them, advise them, be there for them, as I'm sure you have been all their lives.
You can't do that staring at a bottle mate.
At the end of the day, gender, or this new identity stuff, matters little.
All that matters is how you care, and show that care to the people you love.

No words from me, a stranger to you, will ever make you feel better at the moment.
All I will say is this, your child would want you to support them, advise them, be there for them, as I'm sure you have been all their lives.
You can't do that staring at a bottle mate.
At the end of the day, gender, or this new identity stuff, matters little.
All that matters is how you care, and show that care to the people you love.
Seconded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.