Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

My problem is I love both extremes.
When I'm dry I feel fantastic, so much energy, enthusiasm and lust for life. (No iggy pop jokes please) I sleep like a log but I'm up at daft o'clock, even at weekends. Basically, life is good.
But....
I also enjoy drinking, I miss it so much when I'm sober, like I'm missing out on something.
I can't, and won't, commit to either end of the scale.
I've stopped drinking in the week, and I've cut out spirits completely.
Hopefully I have the strength to continue.
Best wishes to all who have shared on here.

My problem is I love both extremes.
When I'm dry I feel fantastic, so much energy, enthusiasm and lust for life. (No iggy pop jokes please) I sleep like a log but I'm up at daft o'clock, even at weekends. Basically, life is good.
But....
I also enjoy drinking, I miss it so much when I'm sober, like I'm missing out on something.
I can't, and won't, commit to either end of the scale.
I've stopped drinking in the week, and I've cut out spirits completely.
Hopefully I have the strength to continue.
Best wishes to all who have shared on here.
Granted I've only done one stint of sobriety for a 10 week stretch and I did feel better overall but I was bored as fuck.

But I get the two ends of the spectrum thing...........

One year, no alcohol.

I'm not bragging. Just thanking everyone who helped.

Can't say I don't miss it but I am sure glad I don't suffer from its hold over me any more.

I have noticed my family and friends have reduced their intake too. Maybe just when around me, I don't know.

What I do know is that I am definitely in a better place relationship-wise, health-wise, job-wise and finance-wise.

I truly hope all those who are struggling with any addictions get the support they need to overcome them. (My PM door is always open.)
Well done mate, what an absolutely fantastic achievement

If you're thinking a drink is a good idea when you really shouldn't or feeling left out of the festivities remember there's help and support around you.

Anybody struggling with it my inbox is fully open and I'll have my phone with me next couple of days.

Don't forget Christmas is over in 24 hours. You might never get back on the wagon if you're currently thinking of jumping off it for a quick sherry and to light yourself up.

Remember. It's never just "one"

If you're thinking a drink is a good idea when you really shouldn't or feeling left out of the festivities remember there's help and support around you.

Anybody struggling with it my inbox is fully open and I'll have my phone with me next couple of days.

Don't forget Christmas is over in 24 hours. You might never get back on the wagon if you're currently thinking of jumping off it for a quick sherry and to light yourself up.

Remember. It's never just "one"
Keeping this post as close to the top as possible. Contact this guy if you feel yourself slipping. A "couple of beers" cause it's Christmas won't help anyone on a journey. Don't fuck up your hard work

I'm having a couple of beers over crimbo but I'm geared up to do a dry January. I've done it before and ended up doing 6 months dry.
We all face our problem in a different way.
Good luck to all who share the struggle. X
You know your body pal, no harm in that decision at all. Just look after yourself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.