Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Well I've spent an amazing afternoon at my mums today.
My dad, as people may or may not know, has been sectioned for the last 13 months, and isn't coming home, so obviously I'm there.
Our kid picked me up.
My brother in law, who isn't my cup of tea at all if I'm honest, took me out for a pint at dinner time (he hasn't a clue about my drink problem) and we spent an hour just chatting and laughing. 2 pints consumed and very enjoyable it was too.
Glass of red with the turkey. That was it.
Now back at home having a guinness.
A really enjoyable day, where alcohol was involved, but wasn't the main focus as it has so often been in my past.
I'm ready for dry January.
Maybe it's not the way for some, maybe it's not the right way for me even, who knows?
Good luck and best wishes to everyone on the thread, and thank you all for sharing your stories and valuable advice.
Stay strong x

Everyone is different regarding this, didn’t have a drink for about 3 months admittedly was in hospital for about 2 but didn’t miss it when I came out, best advice I can give is, you know your body better than anyone but err on the side of caution, stay well everyone.
Thank you Andy. Sound advice.
I'd like to wish you a speedy recovery.
Kind regards

3 months no booze for me, been drinking a couple of cans of Heiniken Blue which is 0.05% as I enjoy the taste of beer just cba with the alcohol making me ill.
I've had the Heineken Blue which is very good, better than the Peroni AF.
You could try Warsteiner blue, which is just over £2- a bottle in spoons.
Adnams Ghost Ship is a very low alcohol bitter flavour beer if you want something different.
I only wish these choices were readily available when I was in my youth.
Clausthaler anyone.....?

Adnams Ghost Ship is a very low alcohol bitter flavour beer if you want something different.
Clausthaler anyone.....?
Barbican. Eurgh!

Clausthaler anyone.....?
You can’t beat the Guinness Blue 0%, same delicious taste minus the poison

Clausthaler anyone.....?
For the some problem drinkers like myself it’s best to avoid alcohol free/low alcohol drinks……I know I have to, don’t want to get the taste….

Last edited:
For the some problem drinkers like myself it’s bet to avoid alcohol free/low alcohol drinks……I know I have to, don’t want to get the taste….
I'm exactly the same.
Water, fruit juice or tea for me.
I do like a passion fruit j20 but they're hellishly expensive and I always find myself thinking it needs a double vodka in it, so I avoid.
I do like the idea of the 0% Guinness though. If it's as good as they say it is I might be tempted.

I have found the alcohol free beers/spirits to be worthwhile. You don't drink them to excess but they do hit that itch when you need something fizzy or "grown up". I was incredibly wary for years about trying them and wanting the real thing, but have found 1 with a curry or after a day out somewhere just hits right and stops that wandering mind. If you feel like it's leading to something harder it's a good and safe lesson on expanding your boundaries.

Hope you all have managed well today, keep asking for help, get your support wherever you go and make sure you are in control

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.