Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the most frustrating player I've seen play for City. I'd struggle to count the number of times he got himself into excellent positions today (which is probably his best attribute) before slamming the ball into the first man or picking out the linesman on the other touchline. Celina showed him how it's done.

He is first and foremost a defender and he can't defend. How is that ever better than a defender who can defend! The difference is a manager not being able to get the best out of the attacking players at his disposal and relying on a bloke who just hits the ball really hard.
Except if you've been paying attention you'll have noticed that our full backs are most definitely not set up to defend first and foremost. There's only Sagna really. There are plenty of games where he's shown his worth to this team - today wasn't one of them.

Except if you've been paying attention you'll have noticed that our full backs are most definitely not set up to defend first and foremost. There's only Sagna really. There are plenty of games where he's shown his worth to this team - today wasn't one of them.
Every defender is first and foremost a defender no matter what else they are asked to do, if we don't have the ball there job is to defend at the back simple.

Every defender is first and foremost a defender no matter what else they are asked to do, if we don't have the ball there job is to defend at the back simple.
It's a simple concept yes but he's never done that in all the time he's been here so I'm not sure why you're expecting any different at this stage when he's likely out of the door in the summer.
The main point of this discussion should be aimed at our manager who shouldn't have started him today in the first place. That decision pretty much condemned us to defeat before a ball was kicked.

It's a simple concept yes but he's never done that in all the time he's been here so I'm not sure why you're expecting any different at this stage when he's likely out of the door in the summer.
The main point of this discussion should be aimed at our manager who shouldn't have started him today in the first place. That decision pretty much condemned us to defeat before a ball was kicked.

I have already said that he shouldn't of started but my point was simple he should never start ahead of Clichy because at least he can half defend.

Has zero on the ball intelligence. He, for me, is what we used to call a hit and hope player. Percentages if you will.
Also, imo, he manages to completely nullify Sterlings wing play by taking up his position far to regularly and completely fucking it up.
Sterling gets pushed to far inside and then Kolorov wallops the ball as hard as he can and hopes for the best. Sterling isn't ripping up trees at the moment but imo is far better at attacking the by line and penalty box from the wing than Alex will ever be, and will get better. Clichy allows sterling to do his job and intelligently over Laps when needed. Clichy also defends far better and crucially knows when to cross and when not to. It's not that hard to be honest, to think about what your going to do with the ball as to not waste it. Alex doesn't have this filter in his football brain.

Diabolical again today.

Given the opposition today, anyone who thought he should have started today ahead of Clichy doesn't understand football. Sadly our manager is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.