Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP uses him like a wingback which he might be in a slow league like Italy, great left foot, would have gambled on him under Pep but after Staurday's performance I wouldnt waste my time now.

Is he fuck. It's a myth. A great attacking left back might actually create a bit more than this.

Crosses 88 assists 2. Shots 22 goals 2. How is that great?

Add to that his average to poor defending and I can't see what he brings to the table. He is found so many times on that left and has the chance to get the cross in and he messes it up time after time by either hitting the first man or twatting it that hard it flies over everyone.

He is constantly out of position and jogging back when he should be busting his bollocks to get back.

He's due an assist and a goal then. First name on the teamsheet next week.

I remember hearing of a stat when Wayne Bridge was our LB. He apparently made 47 crosses and not a single one reached a City player.

I like kolorov but he was absolute Tits yesterday ! Didn't show up, didn't look arsed.

The piss poorest in a piss poor team yesterday. Over 6 seasons he hasn't been all bad and was certainly decent in 13-14. Amazed if he survives the cull in the summer though; a few million from an italian team maybe.

Should be sold after that yesterday
Set the tone for the whole team

Given the injuries in midfield, Kolarov could play at left midfield against Spurs. We'll get nothing from the right flank, or through midfield. Kolarov really is very important to us as an attacking player. The only penetration we achieve as a team is through the sterling / Kolarov combination.

the question to ask is why we were so reliant on Kolarov for our attacking play, and why did Huth manage to score 2 from set-pieces.

To make Kolarov the scapegoat is like throwing a dart for the bullseye and entirely missing the board.

I think in training he practices hitting the first man on crosses because he's got that off to a tee now. I do wonder if a decent coach (or magician) could transform him into a midfielder because a defender he aint....

Him vs Navas hitting the first defender competition in training would be an epic battle.

he is a fraud and he always has been.

never been a fan of him as he simply cannot defend at all whether it be int he tackle or in the air he is coward.

his crossing/deadball delivery is a myth as well - some of it is great but equally some of it is absolutely awful......

first out the door for me and i won't be sorry to see him go...supposed hard man....dont make me laugh!

"Should be sold".

This has more or less been said every game he's played for the last four years. Players like him just undo all the work we put in.

Same with Demichelis. After he managed to single-handedly put us out both the FA Cup and Champions League in his first season I honestly thought alarm bells might be ringing.

All I can think of in regards to Kolarov is that his once a month goal from a free-kick has given him a free pass. It'll happen again in a week or so, he'll score one free kick and he can slide into the background again contributing absolutely nothing. Players like Toure, Silva, Aguero, Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta etc. have been the core in this side for the past few years and simply covered over the cracks. Now that no one can step up, we're struggling. We've had way too many passengers in the squad and when Guardiola gets here it's likely he'll have a mass clear-out.

I'll be amazed if Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando and Navas are still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.