Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably one of the few, but I think the smart move, if Arsenal won't let Sanchez go for a decent price, is to buy Mbappe. Make an agreement with Sanchez for next summer to take him on a free and we'd have a two for one.

Here is what I think:

1) Alexis Sanchez is an amazing player but or us, he is far more of a luxury than a need.
2) No way an almost 29 year old with one year left on his contract is worth 100..... his range is like 45-60 even in this crazy market. 45 for someone outside the EPL and 60 for us or Chelsea. If he was a 25 year old with three years left he would be 100 all day.
3) I truly believe that delusional Wenger believes that Arsenal has a chance to win the title this year if they keep Sanchez and Ozil. That they can do what Chelsea did last year. While City, Chelsea, ManU, Tottenham, and Liverpool battle in the Champions league they can concentrate on the EPL and win it. Then he can retire not caring where Sanchez and Ozil go.

Last edited:
I had no idea that Sanchez would actually take in a large % of what would effectively be this years transfer fee by signing as a free agent. Why in the hell would he piss away a 30+ million bonus, this years loyalty bonus (if xfer request), severely tarnish his legacy at Arsenal with the fans, and also fuck over the club that 'made' him world class by forcing a move to go to a rival?

It seems like a very easy decision to make for Alexis. Very very easy actually. Would you trade all of that for say a 50% shot at the premier league and 20% for CL? Of course not! that's goofy talk, when you sign just on next year with whoever the hell you want.

This isn't the old wenger either. Previously he was playing the long game and fine with selling, now he has two years left and can be selfish and go all out. The club cannot afford to let ANOTHER one get away to a rival. You can only get slapped so many times before you stop thinking rationally and end up fighting back. I don't even think it's that irrational to hold onto him and go all out for Europa + top 3 anyway.

I just don't see it happening.

I had no idea that Sanchez would actually take in a large % of what would effectively be this years transfer fee by signing as a free agent. Why in the hell would he piss away a 30+ million bonus, this years loyalty bonus (if xfer request), severely tarnish his legacy at Arsenal with the fans, and also fuck over the club that 'made' him world class by forcing a move to go to a rival?

It seems like a very easy decision to make for Alexis. Very very easy actually. Would you trade all of that for say a 50% shot at the premier league and 20% for CL? Of course not! that's goofy talk, when you sign just on next year with whoever the hell you want.

This isn't the old wenger either. Previously he was playing the long game and fine with selling, now he has two years left and can be selfish and go all out. The club cannot afford to let ANOTHER one get away to a rival. You can only get slapped so many times before you stop thinking rationally and end up fighting back. I don't even think it's that irrational to hold onto him and go all out for Europa + top 3 anyway.

I just don't see it happening.

This pretty much covers it all
Leaving one avenue for Sanchez leaving, a ridiculous offer.

Which is why I think we have moved on and we are going balls deep for mbappe

Long term Mbappe is obviously the better option, he's the next great thing.
I'm just not sure Mbappe is leaving this summer, I think as its World Cup year etc and given his age, he might stay one more season at Monaco.
From the outside it looks to me that Pep has seen enough in pre season to be happy with his forward line.
If a deal does land in his lap he would take it, but you have one of the best attacking units in Europe and a manager that believes in his own ability to improve players so I think he's far more relaxed about things than many on here.

Barca now have all this money and will need to make a splash to keep the fans happy...Would surprise me if they didnt go after Sanchez or Mbappe with all that spare cash...gotta love the way PSG operate!

Unless Sanchez does a Tevez and goes on a"golfing holiday" and makes his position untenable at Arsenal, I don't think he will be coming, and I'm not advocating him doing that either.
With Barca now pockets bulging and the clock ticking, I don't think either Sanchez or Mbappe will be coming our way, and I can see Mbappe and Sanchez going to Barca, Sanchez to Barca is the only way Wenger will let him go, everyone's a winner, ( at Arsenal) Wenger, the board, the fans can rub it in our faces etc...
We have enough talent in attack, defence is our first priority, I'd prefer a solid defence over adding a cherry to our already wonderful midfield/attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.