Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barca link and £100M fee is ridiculous and spread by one of our resident (for now) gooners who is sailing very close to the wind.

Can I ask everyone to report wum posts so that we can deal with them.

@AwayDay and any other gooner now seemingly taking the piss.....notice has been served. Behave or you will go its that simple and no, its not a threat its a promise.

We dont tolerate Blues wumming and trolling and we certainly wont tolerate it from others.

Thanks.

I had no idea that Sanchez would actually take in a large % of what would effectively be this years transfer fee by signing as a free agent. Why in the hell would he piss away a 30+ million bonus, this years loyalty bonus (if xfer request), severely tarnish his legacy at Arsenal with the fans, and also fuck over the club that 'made' him world class by forcing a move to go to a rival?

It seems like a very easy decision to make for Alexis. Very very easy actually. Would you trade all of that for say a 50% shot at the premier league and 20% for CL? Of course not! that's goofy talk, when you sign just on next year with whoever the hell you want.

This isn't the old wenger either. Previously he was playing the long game and fine with selling, now he has two years left and can be selfish and go all out. The club cannot afford to let ANOTHER one get away to a rival. You can only get slapped so many times before you stop thinking rationally and end up fighting back. I don't even think it's that irrational to hold onto him and go all out for Europa + top 3 anyway.

I just don't see it happening.

If your rationale was correct then no player would leave until the end of his contract. To balance this off, if he was transferred this year he would get a percentage of the transfer fee as part of a signing on bonus.

Matic didn't ask for a transfer and he's gone
Neymar saw fit to hand in a transfer request
Van Dijk looks like he has downed tools

The end result they all leave or will leave.

The big question here,is whether Wenger wants to keep a player who doesn't want to stay, and risk him not performing, or rather performing in the games that don't matter and Arsenal would likely win any way. Then there's the matter of a petulant attitude and the impact that would have on team morale - a much bigger factor in my view.

It's been proven time and again, and Pep has said this himself, that he doesn't want players not committed to the cause. Why Wenger, in this instance, thinks holding on to the player is a better course of action is baffling, or indeed it could just be the usual posturing and negotiation tactic which seems more likely imo

Last edited:
I can understand your annoyance at that guy but to assume that's representative of Arsenal and their fans is a stretch

Absolutely.

Jack you're more than welcome on Bluemoon mate as long as you remember where you are and that any conversation or debate is going to have a City bias and you accept that. Take a look at the few rules we have on here mate and stick by them and enjoy.

Thanks.

I work for myself in a strange job so have little pockets of spare time throughout the day.

f650e86c0a6f70617a54112ac2bc877b.png

I can understand your annoyance at that guy but to assume that's representative of Arsenal and their fans is a stretch
You asked the question fella. I dont give a fuck what Arsenal fans think of me as a fan but when they question Citys lack of history then that hits the mark so to speak.

I had no idea that Sanchez would actually take in a large % of what would effectively be this years transfer fee by signing as a free agent. Why in the hell would he piss away a 30+ million bonus, this years loyalty bonus (if xfer request), severely tarnish his legacy at Arsenal with the fans, and also fuck over the club that 'made' him world class by forcing a move to go to a rival?

It seems like a very easy decision to make for Alexis. Very very easy actually. Would you trade all of that for say a 50% shot at the premier league and 20% for CL? Of course not! that's goofy talk, when you sign just on next year with whoever the hell you want.

This isn't the old wenger either. Previously he was playing the long game and fine with selling, now he has two years left and can be selfish and go all out. The club cannot afford to let ANOTHER one get away to a rival. You can only get slapped so many times before you stop thinking rationally and end up fighting back. I don't even think it's that irrational to hold onto him and go all out for Europa + top 3 anyway.

I just don't see it happening.

I'm inclined to agree. I'd still like to see us dangle a carrot in the region of £60m though. See if the board overrules Mr Sleeping Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.