Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All seems a bit of mess to me.

No one has won in this failed deal. I await a spin in arsenals favour by some of the media. I also await some ex gooners players back tracking on comments

Pep might not be happy either.

Actually Liverpool and United and Chelsea have as both City and Arsenal are potentially weaker than they might have been.

As in City with Sanchez and Arsenal with a happy Lemar.

Though I expect Pep to find a way to start battering teams with what we have.

And Arsenal to get Sanchez to sign a new deal within a month.

Annoyed not to get him but get the popcorn out lads, Arsenal's capitulation will be glorious to see. Next summer they'll need to sign 6 or 7 players to compete and they won't have a pot to piss in, enjoy your extremely small victory while you can you bellends.

I always said there was no point selling an irreplaceable player for 1/4 of the world transfer record. 55m is nothing in this market where Lukaku/Pogba is 100m and Coutinho is 130m and his club don't even accept the bid. We can flog useless players like Chamberlain and get nearly the amount you offered for Sanchez. Alexis can leave a few months shy of his 30th birthday and command a huge signing on fee and huge wages, we'll have got all of his peak years for comparitive small change. Whoever signs him probably gets him on a 4year deal, paying him huge wages when he's 32,33,34. He could age well but most don't.

Your club didn't want him that much to be offering 55m, you've paid as much for fullbacks, so he wasn't really a big priority. And maybe rightly so, you have a wealth of talented forward. IMO you should of gone all in for Fabinho.

As far as Arsenal are concerned we can make top4 with Alexis and we might not have done without. That's worth the 55m in itself.

As for the salty notion that he'll go on strike all year, well he's the type of player who wants to play every game so I doubt it. And if he does it might well hurt the deal he can negotiate. He should be asking for a 50m signing on fee if his agent is up to anything.

You didnt make top 4 with him last season. You will have royally fucked him off. More disharmony in store. And he walks for nada. Nada. Next summer. Where is the good business sense?!

I always said there was no point selling an irreplaceable player for 1/4 of the world transfer record. 55m is nothing in this market where Lukaku/Pogba is 100m and Coutinho is 130m and his club don't even accept the bid. We can flog useless players like Chamberlain and get nearly the amount you offered for Sanchez. Alexis can leave a few months shy of his 30th birthday and command a huge signing on fee and huge wages, we'll have got all of his peak years for comparitive small change. Whoever signs him probably gets him on a 4year deal, paying him huge wages when he's 32,33,34. He could age well but most don't.

Your club didn't want him that much to be offering 55m, you've paid as much for fullbacks, so he wasn't really a big priority. And maybe rightly so, you have a wealth of talented forward. IMO you should of gone all in for Fabinho.

As far as Arsenal are concerned we can make top4 with Alexis and we might not have done without. That's worth the 55m in itself.

As for the salty notion that he'll go on strike all year, well he's the type of player who wants to play every game so I doubt it. And if he does it might well hurt the deal he can negotiate. He should be asking for a 50m signing on fee if his agent is up to anything.
We could have bid more than 60 million....or wait a few months and get him for 20...or wait until the end of the season and get him on a free.
Either way it has cost your club tens of millions and you will be dealing with one sulking South American for the foreseeable future. Having had some experience in that department it's not a fun time!

But you didn't tell us to do one though did you, you thick cockney cnut?! You've spent the whole day trying to sell him and only because City weren't stupid enough to hand over Sterling or Aguero as part of the deal has it collapsed.
And only a complete idiot would believe Arsenal have emerged 'victorious' from this embarrassing farce. Sanchez is cut from the same cloth as Tevez, and I suspect a stress related illness will now afflict him until January. Congrats on pissing away £70m you absolute muppet!

You seem a bit overwrought. Calm down, dear.

This is a cock up of sorts by Arsenal but sadly they may still end up sort of better off. They keep Sanchez and we have a Sanchez shaped hole in our squad.

The one unknown is how Sanchez plays for Arsenal this season.

If he performs then Arsenal have done well. If he spits the dummy then Arsenal have made a boll1x of it.

Actually, we Arsenal fans think it is a victory....we know we're going to have a shite season, but at least we told you lot to go do one...

Fair enough mate. You've kept a player that doesn't want to wear your shirt. Your gonna lose him for nowt next season when you could have reinvested for this season.

Sounds like a good outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.