ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

Re: All things Rooney! [Merged]

Mastes1 said:
RBmk2 said:
Rooney is a stand out player against Wigan,with a bunch of clowns watching that would clap him scratching his arse.But when it REALLY matters,against the top sides.......
I guess you don't watch much of Man Utd?, Rooneys stats from last season, you will see he scored against nearly all the 'big' sides including 4 against Milan.
He was the highest scorer in the Woeld Cup qualifying and check the stats at the end of the season, he didn't score for Man Utd after his injury and he is still getting over it imo.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=30921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=30921</a>

Nice bit of selective quoting there.If you'd bothered to quote the rest you'll remember that I also said that it's not Rooney's fault that he's been put on a pedestal by the rag media and compared to the likes of Messi.

And as for stats....they can tell you anything mate.For instance...

Sven is the fourth most decorated manager in the history of football.
He has a better win record than Sir Alf.He got us a double over the rags with a team he built in four weeks..and yet to others on here he'll only be remembered for losing 8-1 to Boro..

Last season,Martin Petrov scored at a packed Nou Camp as City beat Barca 1-0...to add to our previous 2-1 victory at CoMs in 2003....according to the stats, City are therefore better than Barca?

Tevez scored more goals league against Chelsea last season than Rooney did...he didn't score any,did he?Does that,by definition, make Tevez a better player for scoring against the champions?

Drogba scored more league goals than Rooney...again-statitiscally a better player?

Lets have it right-Rooney would probably walk into most teams-at least in England.
BUT-he is not on the same footballing planet to players that he's been compared to by the rag hype machine-the likes of Maradona,Messi or Iniesta.
He's been built up by the usual tossers in the red-top tabloids into "the player to win the WC for England" in the way Maradona did for Aregentina....but in terms of "World class players"....in reality he's not even fit to tie the laces of the players I've just mentioned.

gregglake said:
Is Tevez world class?

It depends what you mean as world class. I think 'world class' is branded about far too much. For me world class sets someone apart from the rest of football and players who will be rated alongside world greats in years to come. Right now I think only Messi CRonaldo Iniesta and Xavi are world class. Througout his career Canavarro has been world class, however he's a little bit old now. But that's it since Ronaldo and Zidane played! Robben isn't world class, Drogba isn't world class, Sneider, Milito, Higuain, Kaka, Lampard etc etc are not world class! Eto'o is possibly world class and Torres has enough years ahead of him to become world class. And to answer your question, Tevez is not world class!

danburge82 said:
gregglake said:
Is Tevez world class?

It depends what you mean as world class. I think 'world class' is branded about far too much. For me world class sets someone apart from the rest of football and players who will be rated alongside world greats in years to come. Right now I think only Messi CRonaldo Iniesta and Xavi are world class. Througout his career Canavarro has been world class, however he's a little bit old now. But that's it since Ronaldo and Zidane played! Robben isn't world class, Drogba isn't world class, Sneider, Milito, Higuain, Kaka, Lampard etc etc are not world class! Eto'o is possibly world class and Torres has enough years ahead of him to become world class. And to answer your question, Tevez is not world class!

You were doing fine until you mentioned Eto'o .......world class ?
Not by a long way

bluemoon32 said:
danburge82 said:

You were doing fine until you mentioned Eto'o .......world class ?
Not by a long way

On individual skill he's not. But considering he's supposed to be a goal scorer he will fill in as a defensive midfielder, right back, yet still go and finish a ball for a goal with as much class as anyone! I didn't put him in my world class 4 because he's not world class but I just love his desire and work rate, a great team player!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/852703/Fabio-Capello-vows-to-get-a-grip-on-out-of-control-Wayne-Rooney-as-simmering-tensions-in-the-World-Cup-camp-threaten-to-boil-over.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/85 ... -over.html</a>
ANGRY Fabio Capello has vowed to get a grip on out-of-control Wayne Rooney as simmering tensions in the World Cup camp threaten to boil over.
We can reveal the Man United star has been branded a "preening prima donna" who expects the side to be built around him and blames everyone else when things go wrong.
England insiders in South Africa believe he acted like a spoilt brat over his outburst at booing fans after the 0-0 flop against Algeria.
And Italian Capello, stunned by his team's shocking display, will hold a crunch showdown with the wayward superstar before England's must-win game with Slovenia on Wednesday afternoon - telling him: "Don't let your ego wreck our World Cup."
But the Rooney problem is just the tip of an iceberg of player dissent threatening to sink our World Cup dreams.
Today we also detail how England's stars - whose lacklustre displays have shocked millions of fans - are:
FURIOUS at Capello's off-hand attitude to even the senior members of the squad, often walking past them without even saying hello.
GOING MAD with boredom because they are ordered to rest in their rooms at the team hotel in Rustenburg for up to FIVEHOURS a day.
TENSIONS: A weary Capello on the England team bus yesterday
Splash NewsSUFFERING from such poor morale that even Capello's famous "hair-dryer"-style rants are no longer having any impact.
INSECURE over his tactics and team selection as well as his insistence on only announcing the team two hours before kick-off.
Capello, 64, is yet to face a full-on revolt from his misfiring stars-but he shares their concerns about Rooney.
The nation was left stunned when the striker turned to a TV camera as he stormed off the pitch on Wednesday and sneered: "Nice to see your home fans boo you. That's what loyal support is."
Capello later admitted he fears Rooney has psychological problems. He said: "He's completely fit and in training we have to send him back to the dressing room every time. He's perfect. The problem is in his mind."
But a senior England source went further - suggesting the player's ego was to blame.
"Wayne came into the competition placed on the same podium as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and thought he could eclipse them," he said.
"He believes the team should be built around him. And that's what Capello has attempted to do, even though it's meant Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard playing in a system that doesn't suit them.
"But he's done nothing to justify his billing. Instead, he's been strutting around like a preening prima donna and having a go at the fans he's letting down so badly."
Good or not he's a liability,it was just a matter of time.

Product of the British press, build it up
ENGLAND TO WIN WORLD CUP
BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD
CAPELLO THE ONE
BEST KEEPERS IN THE WORLD that's gone now

______ is world class, insert one from Gerrard, Rooney, Walcott, Terry, Cole, Lampard etc

Rooney is a v v good player, he believes this nonsense around being world class, by definition this for me is about a performing consistently in a good league Rooney yes, bringing this in tournaments Rooney no, when others across the world universally agree you are world class Rooney no.

What we saw Fri was a true reaction to a difficult situation and a insight into his belief around us the supporters, for me I saw this as 'this can't mean as much to us as it does to him'

His behaviour is consistent with his football upbringing, one where platforms are created for him and solutions can found off the pitch to possible problems.

I cannot believe how badly they've all turned on Rooney. Three weeks ago, he was a genius and he was going to win the World Cup for us, now they want him dropped.

Pam said:
I cannot believe how badly they've all turned on Rooney. Three weeks ago, he was a genius and he was going to win the World Cup for us, now they want him dropped.

....furthermore i reckon he'l want to leave his current domestic club n' let all n' sundry know his wish by mid Oct imo

;-)<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:11 pm --<br /><br />
citygirl77 said:
I was being to think it was only me that thinks wooney is over-rated, does anyone else think he spits his dummy out when he can't keep the ball and won't fight back for it .
...good point

Not sure where to put this as theres numerous Rooney threads. Daniel Taylor from Guardian reckons there will be a statement from Rooney later today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.