Allan Clarke on the current City team.

Clarke was Leeds worst manager, their legendary fans voted with their feet averaging 19k whilst getting relegated amidst a full riot at WBA with a gutless performance. Decent player and that's that.

Any modern day PL outfit would wipe the floor with Revie’s Leeds or any other team from that time. The advances in sports science, fitness and conditioning would see to that.
Comparing teams from different eras is invariably an exercise in futility. Clarke has only succeeded in making himself look an idiot.
And we all know the old saying:

It is better to keep your mouth shut, and let the world believe that you’re an idiot, than to open it, and remove all doubt.

I'd probably go as far as saying any English team from before Arsene Wenger's arrival in this country would be relegated if playing today.

You only have to look at the last Leeds team to win the league in 91/92.

Go through that squad man for man, even allowing for an adjustment for modern day fitness etc, you’d struggle to find more than a handful who’d get in a decent Championship side today.

I saw my first City game in the 70s, so have seen football evolve through the years.
Much though I enjoy watching old Match of the Day, Big Match re: runs etc... football in England from the 70s/80s (and probably the 90s too) is a far inferior product to what we see today.
There wasn't as much diving/play acting for sure on the plus side. Although ofcourse there were great players from those days the majority of players today are so much fitter, stronger more skilful and basically better. That Leeds team that Clarke was part of were almost anti football like the Wimbledon 'crazy gang' that followed some years later.
Much though( arguably) the atmospheres at games can be too sanitised now and there were some great atmospheres back in the day (and it was a lot more affordable) there was also a lot of violence and Racism. Can't say I agreed with old Clarkies somewhat medieval views however, though if that was his kind of thing he could always have moved to Saudi Arabia I guess!!

Still never got all the adulation for the Leeds team of the 70’s.
Dirty bastards who won the league twice in 69 & 74, FA Cup 72 and a few runners up!
They go on as though they were on a par with Liverpool of the 70’s!

Clarke has won substantially less than our Phil, Clarke won one title and were in that era the whipping boys of the scousers and Derby.

Jamie fucking Vardy has won more than this nobody, the perpetual runner up he's just a facile fucknut talking shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.