Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear it.

And, for the record, I wasn’t espousing g someone (anyone) was being racist.

You clearly were. You questioned people views defending the Police were due to the ethnicity of the assailants.

I’m comfortable with the police using force to get these violent thugs under control. He didn’t use his fire arm & ensured the public weren’t harmed. Its an airport & the female police officer has 2 black eyes & a broken nose whilst the Cop who kicked out will have been dazed, frightened & had split second to get it under control & he did.

2 fuckwits have bumps & bruises & that’s all. The shit stirring lawyer has tried to create a Rodney King scenario when it doesn’t exist.

I believe it is. They knew their responsibilities and they certainly didn’t extend to a drop kick and stomp on the head…regardless of circumstance.

If you believe those actions were necessary, based on his training and responsibilities, then I don’t know what to say.

He knew his responsibilities preclude such behavior. The end.

Yet here we are 5 posts later. #nottheend.

The attackers got arrested and will do prison time. Good.

As for the copper who kicked and stamped on the guy, only he will ever know whether at that moment he was thinking "Got to make sure this guy stays down and can't grab my gun, must protect myself, the other cops and the public" or "Right, you bugger, have some of this back with a bit extra."

I know what he or any of us would say when his case comes up.

How a guy can hit a police woman and be let out of prison the following day shows the state of policing in this country
A mate of mine from my RAF days (now GMP) works with the girl.. He described her as tiny, “doll like” .. Why this twat thought she deserved a punch in the face is beyond me unless he’s a total cnut

More whataboutism.

If it had happened in Niger the outcome might have been different, too. And China. And Russia. And Japan. And who cares?

It happened in T2 at EGCC. Deal with the reality.

It’s illuminating to watch people being apologists for a cop kicking someone in the head while they’re prone on the floor and presenting no threat and then stomping on them “because they’re a scrote.”

I’m openly wondering if race has anything to do with the reaction, because last I checked, this has not traditionally be a Thin Blue Line forum.
I don't think that anybody is being apologist. They just want the Police to be effective and the Police are going to be the opposite of effective if a precedent is set which means they're too scared to act and do their job. The cost of subsequent inaction in another scenario could be far greater.

The Police are also human and they shouldn't be elevated above human standards. I know @ChicagoBlue that you're involved in aviation so have you ever made a mistake and had to learn from it? Of course you will have, it's ridiculous to expect 100% standards.

100% standards cannot be mandatory and I challenge anybody to get smacked in the face and not think of defending themselves first, often through whatever means available. Our physical instincts do not allow it, we're animals and we're designed to fight and ask questions later.

I wonder if footage will appear before the Police turned up cos clearly there was a reason for them to be called.
I am amazed this has not been leaked.

Headbutted someone in Starbucks I’m told.

This will rumble on for months ….lefties and woke brigade will want the officer sacked for not showing restraint….if that happens I fully expect officers to down tools in solidarity for their colleague. And I don’t blame them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.