Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never said the reaction wasn't understandable. As I've said previously in the thread, I have my own experiences getting caught up in a huge melée, working the door where I came out of it with a huge black eye. No, I'm not equating the two, but the first thought was containing the situation, not meting out 'justice' for getting struck.

That should be baseline thinking in this type of job. One can lose their rag for a split second undoing all the years of amazing previous work before it and still lose the job because of it.

I think that's where that copper is up to especially as it was caught on cam.

The kick and stamp is what's undone him.
It isn't and it's been explained numerous times over and over on here, his strike was to nullify an already out of control threat in a highly charged environment. I'd rather see cops doing this in extreme circumstances and controlling the situation than losing their hand gun and the problem being multiplied 10 fold.

Other than, it is not all you are saying.

It is those faux attempt at pretending to look impartial, like occasionally throwing in the word scrote while defending and justifying all their actions, that give the game away. And the double standards of comparable actions that you class as perfectly understandable and what is out of order.

While it is true that both things can be true at the same time (in this case to me they are not), that is not what you are saying, I don't get the need to pretend it is.

I don't give a shit.

It's pretty likely, between us, that I'm the one who's come close to experiencing the type of violent, in the moment, melée and dealing with it with my team.

So, if you've ever come even a little close to being employed to keep your head in a situation dealing with scrotes, tell me.

And yes, I can use the word 'scrotes' cos I used to deal with them EVERY week.

Place yourself as a passenger at that airport, a member of the public there with your family.

You would most likely want those guys under control and out of action in whatever way that comes. Short of seeing death, probably. For your own safety and that of your family.

You wouldn't be there analysing what is by the book (which you don't know) and what isn't, what is excessive (which is relative) and what isn't, what is emotional vs rational, and what is in the guy's mind at any given frozen point. You would just want it over and under control, kick stamp or anything else.

That is ultimately who the Police are acting on behalf of, and that is the context. They are two clearly violent and unpredictable men, dangerous to their surrounding, and the police ultimately get them under control. It all happens very quickly and reactions happen in real time in split seconds, while suffering physical harm.

I'll let the police determine how that meets their own standards. But by mine, that guy can continue to protect the public all day long.
The vigilante mindset should be shocking, but I guess that’s where we are today.

If this had happened to Blues outside the Etihad, we’d be braying for heads to roll at GMP.

Again, I’m a staunch supporter of the police and law and order. All three were involved here and law and order was not, imho, on display in any way that would shine positive light on GMP. If it were nearly as righteous as BM thought, we wouldn’t be discussing it, or trying repeatedly to justify it.

I’m glad I don’t take my yardsticks from BM.

With authority comes responsibility, and that particular officer abdicated it on this occasion. Whether that reflects who he is at home, with his mates, or down the pub is irrelevant. When he straps on his firearm, he accepts authority that few of us are granted, but with that comes a higher level of responsibility than most people in society are ever given. He appears capable of accepting that responsibility, but not adhering to the standards it requires. That is not to say he is a bad person, but that he should not continue to have the authority he has been given.

I have nothing more to add to this thread, which will please some of you, and I’m good with that.

Last edited:
I don't give a shit.

It's pretty likely, between us, that I'm the one who's come close to experiencing the type of violent, in the moment, melée and dealing with it with my team.

So, if you've ever come even a little close to being employed to keep your head in a situation dealing with scrotes, tell me.

And yes, I can use the word 'scrotes' cos I used to deal with them EVERY week.
Probably me ....sorry about that boss

It isn't and it's been explained numerous times over and over on here, his strike was to nullify an already out of control threat in a highly charged environment. I'd rather see cops doing this in extreme circumstances and controlling the situation than losing their hand gun and the problem being multiplied 10 fold.

Let's take what you say at face (?) value. He's pointing the taser at him, as are others, correct?

So, why not deploy the second taser strike at him? That would be better justified, no?

It's moved on from the lad could have had a weapon to 'self protection' even when the kid is prone.

I think the kick and stamp were impulsive in that case. We're at an impasse now and I've made my point. You and others emotional about the whole thing and I can understand that.

But the police, by and large, are trained to be better than the public otherwise it's a free-for-all out on the streets, which most reactors on here are leaning towards when it comes to 'justice'.

The vigilante mindset should be shocking, but I guess that’s where we are today.

If this had happened to Blues outside the Etihad, we’d be braying for heads to roll at GMP.

Again, I’m a staunch supporter of the police and law and order. All three were involved here and law and order was not, imho, on display in any way that would shine positive light on GMP. If it were nearly as righteous as BM thought, we wouldn’t be discussing it, or trying repeatedly to justify it.

I’m glad I don’t take my yardsticks from BM.

With authority comes responsibility, and that particular officer abdicated it on this occasion. Whether that reflects who he is at home, with his mates, or down the pin is irrelevant. When he straps on his firearm, he accepts authority that few of us are granted, but with that comes a higher level of responsibility than most people in society are ever given. He appears capable of accepting that responsibility, but not adhering to the standards it requires. That is not to say he is a bad person, but that he should not continue to have the authority he has been given.

I have nothing more to add to this thread, which will please some of you, and I’m good with that.

Don't disagree with any of that.

Don't think it applies here, but we are obviously seeing different things in the footage. And that happens, no issue with that at all. No tangential overdistortion, is all we can ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.