Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned why the police had been looking to arrest these people?

I am guessing the information must be somewhere in this thread - but there are a lot of pages
Something to do with having picked up their mother they got into an altercation with someone else. Not sure how true but the picking up bit was right apparently.

The vigilante mindset should be shocking, but I guess that’s where we are today.

If this had happened to Blues outside the Etihad, we’d be braying for heads to roll at GMP.

Again, I’m a staunch supporter of the police and law and order. All three were involved here and law and order was not, imho, on display in any way that would shine positive light on GMP. If it were nearly as righteous as BM thought, we wouldn’t be discussing it, or trying repeatedly to justify it.

I’m glad I don’t take my yardsticks from BM.

With authority comes responsibility, and that particular officer abdicated it on this occasion. Whether that reflects who he is at home, with his mates, or down the pub is irrelevant. When he straps on his firearm, he accepts authority that few of us are granted, but with that comes a higher level of responsibility than most people in society are ever given. He appears capable of accepting that responsibility, but not adhering to the standards it requires. That is not to say he is a bad person, but that he should not continue to have the authority he has been given.

I have nothing more to add to this thread, which will please some of you, and I’m good with that.
ok Spiderman

Women bring different qualities. In a policing context, in one situation they may be less robust under vicious attack. In another they may be able to avert a flare-up that would otherwise get out of hand.

Regardless, no normal man punches a woman in the face. It’s a question of old fashioned decency, not equality.

Unfortunately, old fashioned decency becomes a cropper up against feminist ideology. The two cannot exist in the same space today.

But, yes, it's down to the individual in those situations.

But also, for me, I respect any female that chooses to work alongside a man in these types of fields. The ultimate respect from me to know she's capable and willing to get in there and do it.

Because, and like you I'm only guessing, that he felt it necessary at the time following a prolonged assault in which he and his colleagues were struck over and over again. Did it end the stand off? Did it work? Is anyone dead or injured? The resounding answer to those is yes apart from the injury one. Play silly games and win silly prizes.

So, your argument is 'it was better to enact physically over deploying a secondary taser from safe distance'?

Okay. Got it.

So, your argument is 'it was better to enact physically over deploying a secondary taser from safe distance'?

Okay. Got it.
The human reaction time is 1/4 of a second on average - it's what popped into his head after being assaulted numerous times. He is an officer of the law and they were assaulting police and evading arrest- how did he know their motives? It solved the issue at hand.

The human reaction time is 1/4 of a second on average - it's what popped into his head after being assaulted numerous times. He is an officer of the law and they were assaulting police and evading arrest- how did he know their motives? It solved the issue at hand.

Curiously, you don't deal with the logical aspect of my question.

The officer knows there is a first taser deployed as the assailant is immobilised. The situation is 'contained'. So, if unsure because of movement, why not deploy a second taser from safe distance before engaging with handcuffs?

Enacting a kick and stamp is not clear minded action.

Curiously, you don't deal with the logical aspect of my question.

The officer knows there is a first taser deployed as the assailant is immobilised. The situation is 'contained'. So, if unsure because of movement, why not deploy a second taser from safe distance before engaging with handcuffs?

Enacting a kick and stamp is not clear minded action.
I'll only say it once more, he'd been struck numerous times and knocked down, his concerns is not only him, his fellow officers but to his taser, his firearms amd the fellow officers firearms and to the general public. He makes all these decisions in a 1/4 of a second, not only doing that but completing his DORA at the same time. It's the decision he made with all the other factors thrown in.

I'll only say it once more, he'd been struck numerous times and knocked down, his concerns is not only him, his fellow officers but to his taser, his firearms amd the fellow officers firearms and to the general public. He makes all these decisions in a 1/4 of a second, not only doing that but completing his DORA at the same time. It's the decision he made with all the other factors thrown in.

Well, since you're going off this "1/4 of a second" narrative, which is demonstrably false with the video evidence shown coupled with multiple tasers aimed at the man, this is discussion going nowhere.

Enjoy the day.

Well, since you're going off this "1/4 of a second" narrative, which is demonstrably false with the video evidence shown coupled with multiple tasers aimed at the man, this is discussion going nowhere.

Enjoy the day.
Good day to you to sir, I hope you enjoy the sun. And Google it, that's his reaction time should he not have been viciously assaulted, that is what's called an extenuating circumstance.

Enjoy the day.

What harm has occurred to the assailant? You’ve not liked the look of his actions but there’s been no damage to the assailant. He was booted & stamped but not continuously, it all looked controlled unlike the attacks from the thugs who were only stopped with force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.