Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vigilante mindset should be shocking, but I guess that’s where we are today.

If this had happened to Blues outside the Etihad, we’d be braying for heads to roll at GMP.

Again, I’m a staunch supporter of the police and law and order. All three were involved here and law and order was not, imho, on display in any way that would shine positive light on GMP. If it were nearly as righteous as BM thought, we wouldn’t be discussing it, or trying repeatedly to justify it.

I’m glad I don’t take my yardsticks from BM.

With authority comes responsibility, and that particular officer abdicated it on this occasion. Whether that reflects who he is at home, with his mates, or down the pub is irrelevant. When he straps on his firearm, he accepts authority that few of us are granted, but with that comes a higher level of responsibility than most people in society are ever given. He appears capable of accepting that responsibility, but not adhering to the standards it requires. That is not to say he is a bad person, but that he should not continue to have the authority he has been given.

I have nothing more to add to this thread, which will please some of you, and I’m good with that.
Bit rich coming from an American if you dont mind me saying. The police there are laughable. Not one word of that post sounds American mind you, to me anyway.

I don't give a shit.

It's pretty likely, between us, that I'm the one who's come close to experiencing the type of violent, in the moment, melée and dealing with it with my team.

So, if you've ever come even a little close to being employed to keep your head in a situation dealing with scrotes, tell me.

And yes, I can use the word 'scrotes' cos I used to deal with them EVERY week.

Ah yes, there is that typical assumption you jump to, knowing other people's experiences. Every time! You are the only authority on discrimination sexism violence and everything that poor sheltered everyone else has no comprehension of. I'll stay clear of that, thanks.

For the record if it got missed in this, it is perfectly understandable to be uncomfortable with the kick and stamp. In this context and the pace, I can see the circumstances that make it not as simple as that. It is not because of 'deserving' it or anything like that, it is just the sequence of extreme events that resulted in it, that blur the lines.

How the police see it, up to them I won't pretend to know their guidelines and assessments. I am commenting as a member of the public.

What I do react to, is throwing everything and anything at it to justify the 'scrotes' ' actions, while completely condemning the Police's. Which is what your sequence of poats does, despite you protesting otherwise.

Indeed.

So the question I asked the other two, that was ignored/ bypassed, was whether women be allowed to do jobs men do.

They turned it into an argument about striking women.

So, as I'm not getting a direct answer from them, do you think that women should do all jobs a man can do, no matter the consequence?
Women bring different qualities. In a policing context, in one situation they may be less robust under vicious attack. In another they may be able to avert a flare-up that would otherwise get out of hand.

Regardless, no normal man punches a woman in the face. It’s a question of old fashioned decency, not equality.

It isn't and it's been explained numerous times over and over on here, his strike was to nullify an already out of control threat in a highly charged environment. I'd rather see cops doing this in extreme circumstances and controlling the situation than losing their hand gun and the problem being multiplied 10 fold.

This.

This is the crux of the issue. The rest is noise to detract from it.

Ah yes, there is that typical assumption you jump to, knowing other people's experiences. Every time! You are the only authority on discrimination sexism violence and everything that poor sheltered everyone else has no comprehension of. I'll stay clear of that, thanks.

For the record if it got missed in this, it is perfectly understandable to be uncomfortable with the kick and stamp. In this context and the pace, I can see the circumstances that make it not as simple as that. It is not because of 'deserving' it or anything like that, it is just the sequence of extreme events that resulted in it, that blur the lines.

How the police see it, up to them I won't pretend to know their guidelines and assessments. I am commenting as a member of the public.

What I do react to, is throwing everything and anything at it to justify the 'scrotes' ' actions, while completely condemning the Police's. Which is what your sequence of poats does, despite you protesting otherwise.

I'm not really sure how to respond to someone who chooses not absorb conversation. I asked you to reveal your experience of being in a similar situation as to what I discussed. You chose to say "...typical assumption you jump to, knowing other people's experiences. Every time! You are the only authority on discrimination sexism violence and everything that poor sheltered everyone else has no comprehension of."

Not even close to anything I said. But, you do you, Boo. I hope you feel amazing from it.

And my adding of "scrotes" changed after I saw the second contextual video and violence emitted. The violence was unacceptable, but that's me having better context and not assuming like you did from the off.

That does not excuse the actions of the policeman after containing the suspect.

So, let me ask again the question ignored earlier about feeling 'threatened' and not 'angry'; why didn't he deploy a second taser rather than kick and stamp the man...??

I'm not really sure how to respond to someone who chooses not absorb conversation. I asked you to reveal your experience of being in a similar situation as to what I discussed. You chose to say "...typical assumption you jump to, knowing other people's experiences. Every time! You are the only authority on discrimination sexism violence and everything that poor sheltered everyone else has no comprehension of."

Not even close to anything I said. But, you do you, Boo. I hope you feel amazing from it.

And my adding of "scrotes" changed after I saw the second contextual video and violence emitted. The violence was unacceptable, but that's me having better context and not assuming like you did from the off.

That does not excuse the actions of the policeman after containing the suspect.

So, let me ask again the question ignored earlier about feeling 'threatened' and not 'angry'; why didn't he deploy a second taser rather than kick and stamp the man...??
Because, and like you I'm only guessing, that he felt it necessary at the time following a prolonged assault in which he and his colleagues were struck over and over again. Did it end the stand off? Did it work? Is anyone dead or injured? The resounding answer to those is yes apart from the injury one. Play silly games and win silly prizes.

A thought that suddenly occurred to me when I read a post that said something about no one having knives in the airport.
The people were picking up someone off a flight and had obviously parked up.
Therefore they had not been searched/x-rayed or anything so how would anyone know what they were carrying?

Sorry I guess I am just being Devil’s advocate as I do NOT know what happened and have no intention of commenting on either side other than the above thought.
Has anyone mentioned why the police had been looking to arrest these people?

I am guessing the information must be somewhere in this thread - but there are a lot of pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.