Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you need to say so. Last time I checked, Twitter wasn't necessarily a reliable source of information.

Seems fair enough to qoute it in 99% of the threads on here though?

Or do we only trust it when it's echoing your own viewpoint?

Seems fair enough to qoute it in 99% of the threads on here though?

Or do we only trust it when it's echoing your own viewpoint?
You must be mistaking me for someone else. I've never quoted Twitter as a reliable source of information. In any case, you're missing my point which was simply that it's important to make clear your source when making potentially inflammatory comments.

We are fucked - funnily enough never been to an airport and assaulted a female popover officer and broken her nose. I am more worried about her.
If asked to be searched, maybe arse about having to take shoes off, remove belts, stand in front of the xray machine etc do you just comply or refuse ?

I watched the video just before going to bed. And I didn’t have a sleepless night worrying about that guy. In the same way he won't give a shit about the WPC's broken nose.

Why are you assuming that the guy getting his head stamped on is the person who broke the police officers nose?

I’m a huge proponent of strong law and order. This is not that. This is hothead in a uniform taking it out on a defenseless perp. Police officer has no business wearing a badge, let alone a gun.

With authority comes responsibility.

This behavior is, in my book, GBH and, understanding exactly what a full swing kick to the head and subsequent stomp can truly accomplish, attempted murder.

Again, I’m in favor of strong policing, but this stopped being policing when the red mist descended and he swung his foot at the defenseless head of a suspect under control.

That’s not policing, that’s personal violence based on runaway adrenaline and a reversion to the basest instincts. That’s not policing, it is street fighting thuggery of someone believing he is shielded from the law by his uniform and badge. He should not be.

There's two parts to this and the two don't match up.

The officer was incorrect and he will likely be disciplined or worse. I don't think he should be sacked (although my best mate who's a DS said he could well be for that). You can't dish out your own justice in our police, it's not how it works. It doesn't fix anything for anyone.

However, we can absolutely agree that IF he did do what was suggested he did, he may well have deserved it. Still doesn't make what the Policeman did right.

There's two parts to this and the two don't match up.

The officer was incorrect and he will likely be disciplined or worse. I don't think he should be sacked (although my best mate who's a DS said he could well be for that). You can't dish out your own justice in our police, it's not how it works. It doesn't fix anything for anyone.

However, we can absolutely agree that IF he did do what was suggested he did, he may well have deserved it. Still doesn't make what the Policeman did right.
Can't agree with you.
If he/they did do what is rumoured, he didn't deserve to be booted in the head by the cop.
They should have used proportional force to contain and retain, then taken them off to the cop shop for a damned good beating behind closed doors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.