Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally NOTHING that could have happened in the run up the those events that justifies the police stamping on the head of an individual who has already been restrained and who is lying prone.

A few posters on here, based on unsubstantiated and racist hearsay on twitter, seem to be ok with idea of the police doling out their own punishments on the spot. Those people might not think this kind of policing impacts them so long as they don't think they'll ever be on the receiving end of it, but having armed officers showing such a clear lack of control and disregard for protocols affects everyone. Incidents like this are destabilising for society as a whole and officers behaving in such a way clearly can't be trusted to uphold the law alone carry a firear. It isn't a police officers job to kick someone in the head and punish them for something in the heat of the moment once they've been safely apprehended. That's for the courts and regardless of how much glee you take in someone's head getting kicked in if you personally have decided they "deserved it", you're heading down a slippery slope once you give police permission to act in that way. Policing is a very difficult and highly stressed job, and that's why it should require exceptional people to do it.

There's two parts to this and the two don't match up.

The officer was incorrect and he will likely be disciplined or worse. I don't think he should be sacked (although my best mate who's a DS said he could well be for that). You can't dish out your own justice in our police, it's not how it works. It doesn't fix anything for anyone.

However, we can absolutely agree that IF he did do what was suggested he did, he may well have deserved it. Still doesn't make what the Policeman did right.

Deserved it? Being kicked in the face and then having his head stomped on??

As I’ve said a million times, scratch the thin veneer of the human animal and you discover the animal inside.

Can't agree with you.
If he/they did do what is rumoured, he didn't deserve to be booted in the head by the cop.
They should have used proportional force to contain and retain, then taken them off to the cop shop for a damned good beating behind closed doors...
I agree with this unfortunately the last part would not happen, sadly.

There's two parts to this and the two don't match up.

The officer was incorrect and he will likely be disciplined or worse. I don't think he should be sacked (although my best mate who's a DS said he could well be for that). You can't dish out your own justice in our police, it's not how it works. It doesn't fix anything for anyone.

However, we can absolutely agree that IF he did do what was suggested he did, he may well have deserved it. Still doesn't make what the Policeman did right.

Which bit of "if he did what they said he did" deserves a punishment which genuinely could have killed him? There's a few different versions of the story flying about so I'm genuinely interested to know which one deserves a lucky dip attempt at capital punishment.

The police officer probably shouldn’t have done it, but then again you don’t attack the police and break an officers nose. I’m struggling to have sympathy for them.

I see no issue in seeing the people who assaulted the police officers as scumbags and having absolutely no sympathy for them yet also being able to watch that video and quite clearly see a police officer assaulting someone.

You can't watch that video and think that the police officers behaviour was acceptable. It shows a complete lack of self control.

I fully expect police officers to use force where required, but booting someone in the head and then stamping on them in that situation was obviously not required.

I see no issue in seeing the people who assaulted the police officers as scumbags and having absolutely no sympathy for them yet also being able to watch that video and quite clearly see a police officer assaulting someone.

You can't watch that video and think that the police officers behaviour was acceptable. It shows a complete lack of self control.

I fully expect police officers to use force where required, but booting someone in the head and then stamping on them in that situation was obviously not required.
I didn’t say it was acceptable. i agree the police officer shouldn’t have booted his head or stamped on him.

I just don’t have sympathy for people who attack police officers.

There is literally NOTHING that could have happened in the run up the those events that justifies the police stamping on the head of an individual who has already been restrained and who is lying prone.

A few posters on here, based on unsubstantiated and racist hearsay on twitter, seem to be ok with idea of the police doling out their own punishments on the spot. Those people might not think this kind of policing impacts them so long as they don't think they'll ever be on the receiving end of it, but having armed officers showing such a clear lack of control and disregard for protocols affects everyone. Incidents like this are destabilising for society as a whole and officers behaving in such a way clearly can't be trusted to uphold the law alone carry a firear. It isn't a police officers job to kick someone in the head and punish them for something in the heat of the moment once they've been safely apprehended. That's for the courts and regardless of how much glee you take in someone's head getting kicked in if you personally have decided they "deserved it", you're heading down a slippery slope once you give police permission to act in that way. Policing is a very difficult and highly stressed job, and that's why it should require exceptional people to do it.
The Courts Hahaha

Which bit of "if he did what they said he did" deserves a punishment which genuinely could have killed him? There's a few different versions of the story flying about so I'm genuinely interested to know which one deserves a lucky dip attempt at capital punishment.
You've missed the bit where I condemn the police officer and disagree with what he did.

He may have been a scumbag who broke the nose of a WPC. So it's hard to feel sorry for him whilst also agreeing you can't dish out your own justice.

Maybe i wasn't clear. I fully disagree with the Police officers rash actions and he should be punished. Probably phrasing it as he deserved what he got was incorrect.

I didn’t say it was acceptable. i agree the police officer shouldn’t have booted his head or stamped on him.

I just don’t have sympathy for people who attack police officers.
Yeh same. There's people who are mixing what people say.

You can disagree with the police officers actions and also not feel sorry for the criminal. The two can go side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.