Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there is no justification for kicking someone in the head when they are prone and the copper will get whats coming to them, it has somewhat been glossed over that the offender had already assaulted 2 people before this point so shouldnt be talked of as some kind of saint.
I don’t think anyone’s portraying him as a saint tbf. If he’s assaulted a female police officer and broken her nose, as is being alleged, then he deserves all the punishment that’s coming his way. People are just understandably questioning whether or not the actions of the male police officer, in the limited footage seen, are justifiable.

what everybody needs to remember - and I mean anybody from the Police to you and me -
is that we live in a world of citizen reporters ( almost everyone carries a phone with a camera on it - there is more CCTV coverage we are told than anywhere else in the world and there are Ring type door bells so before you behave like a bellend bear in mind somebody somewhere will have you "on film"
is there footage of the rest of the incident tho or just that bit.

hmmm let me see. A wanted man gets off a plane so the police try to make an arrest and pins him against a wall. His mates then square up to the officers allowing the wanted to to get free and start attacking the police officers breaking the nose of one of them. The wanted dman then gets tasered and twatted in the face for being a dick.

Do I have that right?
And please do fuck off with the decent/law abiding shit, it's a fact that I wouldn't and pretty much most of the UK population wouldn't get into this position
Correct.

Having seen the police literally run away, in Leeds. It’s important that the police are actually able to stand up to criminals.
Hope he doesn’t lose his job, due to the clamour from the woke brigade. It will just encourage further crime.
But it doesnt work that way.

Police are bound by law and have to apply those laws when using force.

Kicking someone in the head and then stamping on somebody's head isnt standing up to wokeism-its an incredibly violent act-which the officer will need to justify.

Now it may be entirely justifiable or may be completely unjustified.

That level of force would suggest a real risk to officer safety if it were to be proportionate-the available footage hardly supports that-but what happened may well do that.

That is now the job of the IOPC in co-operation with GMP's Professional Standards Dept-it doesnt happen in quick time. I was under investigation for over 2 years for an incident which happened whilst I was in bed and was the whistleblower..these things don't resolve themselves as quickly as people might want.

But it doesnt work that way.

Police are bound by law and have to apply those laws when using force.

Kicking someone in the head and then stamping on somebody's head isnt standing up to wokeism-its an incredibly violent act-which the officer will need to justify.

Now it may be entirely justifiable or may be completely unjustified.

That level of force would suggest a real risk to officer safety if it were to be proportionate-the available footage hardly supports that-but what happened may well do that.

That is now the job of the IOPC in co-operation with GMP's Professional Standards Dept-it doesnt happen in quick time. I was under investigation for over 2 years for an incident which happened whilst I was in bed and was the whistleblower..these things don't resolve themselves as quickly as people might want.

which can't be determined by an edited video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.