Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an unforgiving job, constantly being filmed these days and can't put a foot wrong. Couple of decades ago that guy would have been dragged round the corner and fucked up good style and no one would have batted an eyelid.

As has happened to 'the wrong man' many moons ago and nothing be said for fear of reprisals from police. i have lived through those times as I'm sure you have depending on where you lived.

There are pros and cons to modern life.

Haha yet he passed all his firearms training and will have no doubt been on countless operations that are extremely high pressure.

Do you think complacency happens? How often are the re-training modules? The psych evals?

You, obviously, don't think he lost control and which makes this even more of a problem, does it not?

I thought it was a man not a family? Actually don't answer (no disrespect but I despair of the world at present so I don't even know why I am reading the thread.) :-( :-)
Sorry @bluejon

Two men arrested?
There's also a version of events I've seen that states the the mother of the family was subjected to racist abuse and was hit by a trolley by another member of the public and the altercation spilled over when the police sided with the aggressor. I don't believe that version of events any more than I believe yours at the moment.

I would advise reposting rumours as though they're fact in an attempt to defend the actions of either party here to question what their own underlying agenda is here.

Would also ask the mods to delete any posts where people are giving an uncorroborated version of events without clearly citing it as such. Because most of what I'm seeing on here seems to be designed to stir up racist sentiment.

She’s a female mate it’s just the way I am I’m afraid, I don’t like women’s boxing, I’ve never hit a woman even while being hit myself and I know that regardless of her being a police officer seeing her get her nose broken would’ve angered me more than if it was a man
Sorry if that doesn’t make me a modern man
It's why many police officers would prefer not to be on the beat with a female officer, it's not that they aren't brilliant at their jobs , better sometimes but it's a normal reaction for men wanting to protect the woman before thinking of themselves, it's hard wired into our brains.
I've heard similar things from some male soldiers serving with female soldiers, the idea to protect them is just in a lot of us.
Let me be clear, i am not saying women are weak or less than men, just that a lot of men really don't react well to seeing a woman attacked, it's just more shocking than it happening to a man & can cause men to really lose their minds

hmmm let me see. A wanted man gets off a plane so the police try to make an arrest and pins him against a wall. His mates then square up to the officers allowing the wanted to to get free and start attacking the police officers breaking the nose of one of them. The wanted dman then gets tasered and twatted in the face for being a dick.

Do I have that right?
And please do fuck off with the decent/law abiding shit, it's a fact that I wouldn't and pretty much most of the UK population wouldn't get into this position
But that happens. The police do abuse their power and harm the public, the law abiding public. You can bury your head in the sand about it but its happened for decades and we now have laws and protocols to stop it. Its abuse of power. Plain and simple.

The guys might have deserved kicking, arresting, but a person in a position of power should NEVER be supported in abusing their power. fuck me its so simple.

Your kids, your relatives, anyone can get into a run in with the police, letting them treat the public like that is just plain fkin wrong.

Imagine if that incident involved two groups of football fans, with one lying on the floor being restrained by some of the opposing fans, and another doing what that copper did.

Most on here would be calling the perpetrator a shithouse, or something.

We don't know the full context and how badly the officer was provoked. Thirty years ago that sort of thing was (a) probably more common and (b) done without the ubiquitous mobile phone coverage.

But, as we're always told, policing involves the consent of those being policed. And I suspect most of us don't consent to having our heads kicked and stamped on when we're being adequately restrained. The problem with many in the police force these days is that they don't believe the law, and police standards of behaviour and good practice, apply to them.

But that happens. The police do abuse their power and harm the public, the law abiding public. You can bury your head in the sand about it but its happened for decades and we now have laws and protocols to stop it. Its abuse of power. Plain and simple.

The guys might have deserved kicking, arresting, but a person in a position of power should NEVER be supported in abusing their power. fuck me its so simple.

Your kids, your relatives, anyone can get into a run in with the police, letting them treat the public like that is just plain fkin wrong.
its incredibly rare in this country that a law abiding person is mistreated by the police.

you are always going to get idiots doing the job-its inevitable and I'd say after more than a decade of the government eroding everyting about the job its even more likely-but I was brought up to do as I was told by a police officer-that seems somewhat old fashioned nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.