Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
its incredibly rare in this country that a law abiding person is mistreated by the police.

you are always going to get idiots doing the job-its inevitable and I'd say after more than a decade of the government eroding everyting about the job its even more likely-but I was brought up to do as I was told by a police officer-that seems somewhat old fashioned nowadays.
Not sure what you are saying? Its ok for the police to abuse? I mean thats the nub of this, should to police be reprimanded for abuse of power. Some on here seem to think No.

Not sure what you are saying? Its ok for the police to abuse? I mean thats the nub of this, should to police be reprimanded for abuse of power. Some on here seem to think No.
I think the whole thrust of my posts here have been the exact opposite of that-and the nub of it is whether the use of force was justified.

On about page 2 or something I said he will be punished as a police officer he has to be held to a higher standard. You might not believe it but that guy will be highly trained and dealt with things we probably can't begin to imagine or handle. And now he will most likely be sacked and all his previous good work forgotten about. Is what it is, that is what they sign up for.

And, whilst i understand your point, do you think the same officer should have lost his job if his stamp has resulted in brain damage and the man died?

It's merely degrees of force and luck for that to happen.

I, actually, agree with you with it being 'hardwired' into most men's brains. My own mother was subject to such actions and I terrorised men for a long time afterwards. my own daughters have been through situations and they have told me to stand down when I want rip throats out! I hated every minute of those feelings of them not wanting me to protect them, but I respected their own decisions on things.

Most of TODAY'S women do not seem to want such protection and, therefore, today's man has to respect the reason they choose the job they enter, especially jobs with possible conflict.

It's not great. It's tough to reconcile with. But you HAVE to respect it.
I think this is a different situation though. The female officer looks like she is almost unable to continue to perform her duties due to something that has happened, leaving just him and one other female officer to deal with the situation. Like it or not, if you are outnumbered you want the most physical officer up front and he probably recognised that, but got his actions wrong. It's not just a gender thing here, there's the experience and seniority of the officers plus the drive to be there for your colleagues regardless of gender.

I, actually, agree with you with it being 'hardwired' into most men's brains. My own mother was subject to such actions and I terrorised men for a long time afterwards. my own daughters have been through situations and they have told me to stand down when I want rip throats out! I hated every minute of those feelings of them not wanting me to protect them, but I respected their own decisions on things.

Most of TODAY'S women do not seem to want such protection and, therefore, today's man has to respect the reason they choose the job they enter, especially jobs with possible conflict.

Agree with that, although sometimes female police officers are not physically capable of dealing with large men in a physical confrontation & then we're back to the beginning.

what is it with you and CAPITALS? it DOESN'T make your weird sexist agenda views ANYMORE valid and makes you look DESPERATE.

Can't agree with you.
If he/they did do what is rumoured, he didn't deserve to be booted in the head by the cop.
They should have used proportional force to contain and retain, then taken them off to the cop shop for a damned good beating behind closed doors...
Is the correct answer

Agree with that, although sometimes female police officers are not physically capable of dealing with large men in a physical confrontation & then we're back to the beginning.
Quite often female officers are far better equipped than many male counterparts in those situations.

And, whilst i understand your point, do you think the same officer should have lost his job if his stamp has resulted in brain damage and the man died?

It's merely degrees of force and luck for that to happen.

Stamping on someone's head with them boots on is lethal I was more bothered by the stamp than the kick, I'm just annoyed at the fact someone who would have been an asset to the countries safety has over stepped the mark and thrown it all away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.