Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and Mr K aren’t that far apart.

The difference is the subjectivity of the necessity of the force used. He’s suggesting it isn’t, whereas you are suggesting that it could have been, having seen the whole incident play out.

The inquiry will ultimately define that.
You beat me to it-we are arguing over what was in the mind of the officer at the time-and that’s not going to be established here.

That's impossible to predict or assess prior to an incident. It's easy after the event.

The lad overstepped the mark. Most of us would do the same in that situation. I know I probably would, and I wouldn't regret it.

Are you a firearms officer though? We rightly hold them to high standards. If they can't meet those standards they are cut from the team. That's the reality even if some think it is harsh.

Was talking to my Sister today about the incident, I mentioned so many people jumped to conclusions without the facts. She told me to read up on the "legend of Gelert", it's a very sound reminder we shouldn't believe anything until the facts are known, particularly in this case with the scrote Lawyer making all kind of claims, none that anyone can say at this juncture are true or false.

It perhaps isnt required to decide which side are in the wrong here. Nobody in that video comes out of it well. The Guys involved obv acted like pricks and the Police followed that up in a similar manner. All should be suitably punished for their actions and neither should/can claim to have a moral or socially acceptable high ground.

It perhaps isnt required to decide which side are in the wrong here. Nobody in that video comes out of it well. The Guys involved obv acted like pricks and the Police followed that up in a similar manner. All should be suitably punished for their actions and neither should/can claim to have a moral or socially acceptable high ground.
One was an officer of the law trying to do his job in extreme circumstances dealing with animals. I think the officers HAVE the higher ground and acted admirably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.