Aly Cissokho

He's one of the few defenders I've seen able to keep Arjen Robben in his back pocket, both times.

K49112008 said:
Never seen him play, is he better than what we've got?

He is better than Kolarov yes.

And hopefully Micah learns to cross. You dont even need a very good technique for it.

BlueCityfan said:
I haven't watched him either. But Lyon fans and fans in france have said was piss poor last season and he is overrated. And im pretty much talking about the majority.

He was bad in defence and lacks some footballing brain when it comes to defence. Technique is poor. Those kind of things they said. But they also say he has real potential.

I think he just had 1 bad season. Lyon had overall a very bad season and the coach got sacked and i dont think he had any support.

Hi there,

As a Lyon fan, I can say you're correct, but don't forget to mention his last season in Porto was very good, and his 1st season in Lyon was quite good as well. Cissokho had a poor season this year just like the whole team, because everyone was fed up with the coach who undermined the players' morale. Quite a wearing season for everyone here.

Lyon might think we are ready to overpay but they are looking to sell and we wont overpay.

Fee will be around 10-15m. I would be suprised if it's more. Im glad we aren't looking to sign world class. This guy needs Mancini moulding.

Actually, Lyon plans to sell a few players (Michel Bastos, Toulalan, Ederson or Pjanic), but no more than 3 or 4 guys. The club does not plan to sell Cissokho except a very good offer comes up. I don't think Aly will be sold for 10m, he was paid 15m 2 years ago and still has great potential as you mentioned. We actually still need him, and with Rémi Garde - the new coach here - the "real Cissokho" might be back on the pitch

Btw...they also say this guy has some temperament issues. :D Fits in well with Balo.

Not much to worry about. He had a bad reaction towards a fan who was kind of provoking him at the training ground, but he's a nice guy on the whole.

Aly delivered a perfect cross on Lyon's last goal of the season vs Monaco - with Lisandro scoring after controling the ball with his chest - as you can see here (2nd goal at 41 sec) : <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wat.tv/video/monaco-lyon-38eme-journee-3qi9z_3ogs3_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wat.tv/video/monaco-lyon-38e ... ogs3_.html</a>

Cad-OL said:
BlueCityfan said:
I haven't watched him either. But Lyon fans and fans in france have said was piss poor last season and he is overrated. And im pretty much talking about the majority.

He was bad in defence and lacks some footballing brain when it comes to defence. Technique is poor. Those kind of things they said. But they also say he has real potential.

I think he just had 1 bad season. Lyon had overall a very bad season and the coach got sacked and i dont think he had any support.

Hi there,

As a Lyon fan, I can say you're correct, but don't forget to mention his last season in Porto was very good, and his 1st season in Lyon was quite good as well. Cissokho had a poor season this year just like the whole team, because everyone was fed up with the coach who undermined the players' morale. Quite a wearing season for everyone here.

Lyon might think we are ready to overpay but they are looking to sell and we wont overpay.

Fee will be around 10-15m. I would be suprised if it's more. Im glad we aren't looking to sign world class. This guy needs Mancini moulding.

Actually, Lyon plans to sell a few players (Michel Bastos, Toulalan, Ederson or Pjanic), but no more than 3 or 4 guys. The club does not plan to sell Cissokho except a very good offer comes up. I don't think Aly will be sold for 10m, he was paid 15m 2 years ago and still has great potential as you mentioned. We actually still need him, and with Rémi Garde - the new coach here - the "real Cissokho" might be back on the pitch

Btw...they also say this guy has some temperament issues. :D Fits in well with Balo.

Not much to worry about. He had a bad reaction towards a fan who was kind of provoking him at the training ground, but he's a nice guy on the whole.

Aly delivered a perfect cross on Lyon's last goal of the season vs Monaco - with Lisandro scoring after controling the ball with his chest - as you can see here (2nd goal at 41 sec) : <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wat.tv/video/monaco-lyon-38eme-journee-3qi9z_3ogs3_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wat.tv/video/monaco-lyon-38e ... ogs3_.html</a>

Thanks. :D Nice to see a Lyon fan log in to post this.

Yeah..he played well against Monaco and no doubt City scouts were watching him and were impressed.

This guy is a physical beast and can cross. Im certain that this guy is the left-back priority for Mancini and if Lyon aren't going to sell and they bough him for 15m euros.

Well..then i can see City paying around 15m-20m euros for him. I think he is a perfect fit with the premier league.

BlueCityfan said:
Cad-OL said:
BlueCityfan said:

Hi there,

Thanks. :D Nice to see a Lyon fan log in to post this.

Yeah..he played well against Monaco and no doubt City scouts were watching him and were impressed.

This guy is a physical beast and can cross. Im certain that this guy is the left-back priority for Mancini and if Lyon aren't going to sell and they bough him for 15m euros.

Well..then i can see City paying around 15m-20m euros for him. I think he is a perfect fit with the premier league.

Bievenu CAD-OL !!!
A rare treat to have a L'OL fan on here (BTW what part ar you from? ) my mother in law lives in that delightful banlieu of La Duchere !)

Some of those names on your for sale list are big ones . Are you short of money or having a big clear out under new management ?

How are the French sports press treating this Aly transfer story ?

Bonjour et bienvenue sur Bluemoon Cad-OL (google translate). As others have said its good to see a Lyon fan on here.
are there any rumors of either Pjanic or Lovren leaving, out of interest?
and how are O'L fans reacting to the Cissokho saga?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

dom said:
Bievenu CAD-OL !!!
A rare treat to have a L'OL fan on here (BTW what part ar you from? ) my mother in law lives in that delightful banlieu of La Duchere !)

Haha la Duchère :D Definitely not the best part of Lyon, hope everything's Ok with your mother in law over there. I'm from the Beaujolais region, North West of Lyon.

Some of those names on your for sale list are big ones . Are you short of money or having a big clear out under new management ?

Well, the club won no trophy these last 3 years, though big investments were made on big players, so the current trend is to sell some of our big names indeed (with big salaries), but with Toulalan and Bastos already on the go, I guess there will be only 1 or 2 more big names leaving, probably amid our midfields - could be Pjanic, Ederson or Kallstrom.

How are the French sports press treating this Aly transfer story ?

The press only mentioned the transfer rumour so far, making no special comment. Everyone's waiting to see if it's only a rumour or a real transaction opportunity.

Sam_B said:
Bonjour et bienvenue sur Bluemoon Cad-OL (google translate). As others have said its good to see a Lyon fan on here.
are there any rumors of either Pjanic or Lovren leaving, out of interest?
and how are O'L fans reacting to the Cissokho saga?

Hi Sam_B,
As mentioned above, Pjanic could be on the leave, looking for more game time, but nothing sure for the moment. Lovren won't leave, that's about 100% sure as he has a great potential and the club is planning to build the team's defense around him.
A number of OL fans would be happy to sell Cissokho at a good price but some would like to see him play under the new coach's rule, as last season was really a bad season to judge any player of the squad, for the coach (Claude Puel) did a bad work and disgusted nearly all the players of football.

20 million for this guy will be one of the biggest rip offs in football history. he's a really poor player and one of the worst left backs in French league.

Honestly dont buy the hype....this guy is a joke

jjeangi said:
Don't like the fact that he often rushes forward in a straight line, head down and all. Works sometimes, but fails a fair share too. Also, technically he's like Micah, which sucks :/ Works in our league though.

The competition here could be immense for him, though.
So you are saying he is like Taye Taiwo :) That was what I thought too :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.