Aly Cissokho

LoveCity said:
He's not crap at all, people (like the above) are now seeing what they want to from a YouTube video after some people (like the Arsenal WUM gooney who is supposed to be banned - have we signed Nasri yet, gooney?) have raised doubts about him. He's much better than Kolarov and will cost a lot less than Baines in the end if we get him. He also has tons of CL experience and Mancini said himself he wants CL experience.

didn't know it was gooney pissing about

BlueCityfan said:
Blue Coop said:
BlueCityfan said:
If Mancini is interested....i trust him. He sees some potential in him and is sure he can mould a top left-back of him.

He saw this potential in Kolarov too.

Yeah. He is not offloading´him so maybe he still becomes top quality. But he wants 2 Left-backs.

This guy has pace and strenght. Kolarov has the brains IMO. But he is too soft and no pace.

I am wonder is the first choice and second choice between, Baines and Cissokho.

As this Blue City Fan said, he is the opposite of Kolarov, so they would perfect tandum.

We could use some depth and by January he could be the first choice LB, and it makes Kolarov realise he has to work hart to keep his spot.

Disagree that Kolarov has no pace. He had a bad first season, but it's tough when you tear ankle ligaments in your very first game. And dont think that he was ever fully fit last season, because he wasnt. That injury takes it our of your knee and other ankle (as your body compensates). hes no ashley cole, but i expect with a full preseason of training/healing, he will be a very solid lb

I would be more than thrilled if we were to sign aly cissokho as i regard him as the left back of the future,strong,very pacy and a very good defender,yes he has had a bad season at lyon but who at lyon did have a good season.

What i like about him is that he is always present in the big matches as he was against di maria who completely nullified in both legs,angel isn't the only player to find cissokho a hard customer as robben,c.ronaldo,hazard,gervinho have found him really hard to beat.

He might need to become a bit more consistent i think as i think the fact that he has had no competition for his place at lyon might have been a bad thing for him so moving to a team like ours where he would need to be on top form all the time could only be a good thing for him and for us.

I can't wait for him to completely abuse valencia in the derby or anytime they play,he has it all and tons of experience in the champions league where he has never put a foot wrong in 3 years of competition.

I for one want him here, ac milan,inter,juventus,barca,real madrid,liverpool and even chelsea didn't inquire about him for nothing.

With Kolarov, it's not just pace. It's his brain. Thinking back over the season, he tends to take shots from impossible angles. There was one in the FA Cup where it looked as if he was trying to power it through the side netting.

I'm not giving up on him, but we should definitely buy insurance. With the amount of time that Micah misses, Zabs may not always be able or fit to cover. If we have to sell a left back at a few million loss, it's a small price to pay for ensuring we don't have an exploitable defensive weakness all season.

Blue Haze said:
With Kolarov, it's not just pace. It's his brain. Thinking back over the season, he tends to take shots from impossible angles. There was one in the FA Cup where it looked as if he was trying to power it through the side netting.

I'm not giving up on him, but we should definitely buy insurance. With the amount of time that Micah misses, Zabs may not always be able or fit to cover. If we have to sell a left back at a few million loss, it's a small price to pay for ensuring we don't have an exploitable defensive weakness all season.

Give Kola time. He is good enough to be second choice LB atleast. Still we need 2 left-backs and Kolarov is certainly not a bad choice to have to rotate with another LB.

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
Disagree that Kolarov has no pace. He had a bad first season, but it's tough when you tear ankle ligaments in your very first game. And dont think that he was ever fully fit last season, because he wasnt. That injury takes it our of your knee and other ankle (as your body compensates). hes no ashley cole, but i expect with a full preseason of training/healing, he will be a very solid lb

we havent got time for that soft soap bollocks.............if he's no ashley Cole then he aint good enough for where we want to be. end of.

BlueCityfan said:
Blue Haze said:

Give Kola time. He is good enough to be second choice LB atleast. Still we need 2 left-backs and Kolarov is certainly not a bad choice to have to rotate with another LB.

Bloody expensive 2nd choice left back!! Not sure we should be paying top-whack wages for a full back to sit on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.