American Blues

acquiesce said:
Tell me about it, growing up in backwoods Wisconsin, trying to find scores for City in league 2? Good luck, it was an adventure.

I recall during those dark days that our cable company ran the BBC World Service audio feed on one of the channels that showed text community message, etc. So at some point after 11 am on Saturdays there would be a football update with the scores from all 4 divisions to wade through to get the City score.

City fan in Orange County! Been a fan since I started playing Football Manager (Championship Manager) ten years ago. For the past decade I've had to put up with jokes about City and can't wait to rub City's success in everyone's faces!<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm --<br /><br />
geezerkid said:
im actually from london but im moving to San Francisco the day after tommorow. worried there might not be any coverage of matches... ESPN?? HELLP!!!

There is actually a City pub in San Francisco: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/manchester-city-english-pub-san-francisco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.yelp.com/biz/manchester-city ... -francisco</a>

Enjoy your time in San Francisco, it's my favorite city in America. Excellent food, well educated population (majority), great public transit, lot's of culture, and plenty of activities to keep you entertained.

Checking in from Southern California. Started following the Premier League February of this year. The goal was to watch every team in the league in a few weeks time. My daughter's club coach is from London, and he is a big Arsenal fan. Well, after having numerous discussions with him about all the teams, I realized that I would not be able to stomache the Rags from the get-go. So, I started following the "other" team from the same City, and fell hard for the Blues. But it was the 0-1 loss to Tottenham on May 5th, when I realized that Man City was my team. The loss that day ruined my entire day, and I did not want to watch any football for a couple of days after that. Have been hooked everyday since, and follow the transfer forum faithfully at least 3 to 4 times a day. If we can sign Kolarov and Balotelli, I think we have a legitimate shot at top 4, and that get's us into the CL next season.

geezerkid said:
im actually from london but im moving to San Francisco the day after tommorow. worried there might not be any coverage of matches... ESPN?? HELLP!!!

you better get a DVR, or your going to have to wake up at 4:30am to see the games. i thought i had it bad here in the east coast at 7:30am lol

FUManUtd said:
geezerkid said:

you better get a DVR, or your going to have to wake up at 4:30am to see the games. i thought i had it bad here in the east coast at 7:30am lol

I had DishNetwork (satellite provider in the US) and saw most of the games last year. They have FSC in HD, and FoxSoccerPlus (formerly Setanta) in HD. Not sure about DirecTV HD options.

I only mention this because I switched to my local cable company in order to save some money with a cable/internet bundle. Unfortunately no HD for FSC, and FoxSoccerPlus not offered with my cable company. Only football in HD is what's shown on ESPN, which last season was only one game a week for the Premier League. I would go back to satellite, but can't really stretch the family budget any more than it is.

So if matches in high-def is important to you, Dish network is a safe bet; DirectV has more sports (and probably more channels overall) in HD, but I'm not sure if they offer FSC in HD yet. I heard a report that GolTV is going HD this year- they show La Liga and Bundesliga; plus South American leagues if you're into those-- only DirecTV offers GolTV.

basher said:
FUManUtd said:

I had DishNetwork (satellite provider in the US) and saw most of the games last year. They have FSC in HD, and FoxSoccerPlus (formerly Setanta) in HD. Not sure about DirecTV HD options.

I only mention this because I switched to my local cable company in order to save some money with a cable/internet bundle. Unfortunately no HD for FSC, and FoxSoccerPlus not offered with my cable company. Only football in HD is what's shown on ESPN, which last season was only one game a week for the Premier League. I would go back to satellite, but can't really stretch the family budget any more than it is.

So if matches in high-def is important to you, Dish network is a safe bet; DirectV has more sports (and probably more channels overall) in HD, but I'm not sure if they offer FSC in HD yet. I heard a report that GolTV is going HD this year- they show La Liga and Bundesliga; plus South American leagues if you're into those-- only DirecTV offers GolTV.

there's + & - to dish and directv -

you get more football on directv - inc alllllll euro games europa and chumps in HD - downside FSC & FS+ are not HD. You also get Goltv which is awesome and has a few south american leagues, la liga and the german league.

Dish has FSC in HD but im pretty sure FS+ in SD. No goltv and no euro selection. Also Dish customer service is generally shit and pretty much everyone i know likes directv for its interface and features.

Hey, I'm new to the board. I've been supporting city for about 4 years now I think. I started following them after playing FIFA, I'm honestly not sure what drew me to them guess it was destiny. I'm located in Western Kentucky, and area not exactly known for loving the beautiful game, but still managed to catch about 70 percent of the games the last 3 seasons. Craig Bellamy is by far my favorite player right now, love the passion he plays with, and he plays the same position I did in school.
I'm making the 6 hour trek down the Atlanta for the Club America game. Any other blues gonna be there?

City supporter since 1977-glory hunter thats me!! Benn ove to maine road and eastlands loads of times. I even saw Barry Conlons debut and more than one Rag stuffing!!! If you moan about how "difficult" it might be following the Blues now, you should ahve tried 30 years ago before Al "The Crazed Sex Poodle" Gore invented the internet!!!

The first time I actually saw City was in May 1980 in New York in something called "The Trans Atlantic Challenge Cup"!! You can look it up!!!

Got there way early and Steve daley blanked me during warm ups!! LOL!!

BTW I was the second poster on Bluemoon for the record!

BlueLonghorn said:
AustinBlue said:
Austin, Texas. I'll be at the Baltimore / Inter Milan game.... and several at COMS and in Europe this year.

Austin, TX too. Really wanted to make the Baltimore or Atlanta matches, but unable to make any of them; just terrible timing for me money-wise. I have a small group that makes it to Fado occasionally so you should come let me buy you a beer sometime.

Any other Blues that find themselves in Austin, Texas feel free to message me for a beer as well!

I am from Austin as well. I have 2 other friends who are City fans, and one is on this forum. I will be in Atlanta for the match next week. I wanted to go to Baltimore, but it is way more expensive in every way. CTID since 1999.

supermicahrichards said:
deegee33 said:
Philadelphia checking in .City since 1978 Maine Rd. Derby Cty 2 mcfc 1. Might havehad more funat that match than any other time in my life. Being a Philly guy, was great just to see people living and dying with every play, but in the end just enjoying a good time with friends and accepting the " typical city" result afterward off to the pub for several pints and twice as many laughs with blues I had met 3 hours prior, 2 of whom I am still in contact with today. See you all at COMS for the Villa Match. United can sit on it and spin.

There's a bunch of Philadelphians here....which makes sense cause what attracted me to City is I could relate to the pain being a Philly sports fan. It really goes hand in hand. Along with both sets of fans probably caring too much, lol.

I'm in Philadelphia as well, 9th & Mifflin.

I agree, being Philadelphia sports fan.. it makes perfect sense that we would be drawn towards supporting City. Plus, we deal with asshole New York and Boston fans.. so hating United is practically in our DNA.

On a somewhat related note.. it's 5am and wide I'm awake because I'm too stoked about seeing City in about 15 hours. Is anyone else on the east coast going to be at the City v Sporting Lisbon game?

Section 129, row 1, seat 1

Is it asking too much for the new away kit to be on sale at red bull arena tonight??? :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.