Americana / alt.country thread

Been watching earlier ops today and subsequently listening to Field Manual, a local Macclesfield band, I was very impressed

They were today's opening band at this, which has what I think is a rather eclectic line up

Seeing Andrew Bird this summer, absolutely love him. Bright Eyes are headlining a festival I’m going to as well and they’re one of my most listened to bands ever.

Been watching earlier ops today and subsequently listening to Field Manual, a local Macclesfield band, I was very impressed

They were today's opening band at this, which has what I think is a rather eclectic line up

We caught them supporting (the amazing) Ryan Hamilton & The Harlequin Ghosts, at Night & Day in town. Really liked them and bought their album. Saw them at The Blossoms in Stockport not long ago too. Very impressed.

For reasons known only to themselves, they have now changed their name to The John Street Revival .... ?!!

Missing my first Drive by Truckers in Scotland for years.
Playing in Glasgow on Sunday.No late trains the main problem.
Catching up on their new album and Wilco's Cruel Country album.Starting today.

Great thread! Couple of points. Field Manual are really good. They've just had some personnel changes and decided to chchange the name of the band too. They're now "The John Street Revival". Chris who leads the band is a great songwriter and owns the AMP guitars shop in Macc - well worth a visit! Slaid Cleaves is an incredible talent and songwriter. He gets called the Shakespeare of Americana for his fantastic lyrics and story telling in his songs - on a par with Bruce for me. How do I know all this? Check out 'Leek Blues and Americana on Facebook or on t'internet.

Great thread! Couple of points. Field Manual are really good. They've just had some personnel changes and decided to chchange the name of the band too. They're now "The John Street Revival". Chris who leads the band is a great songwriter and owns the AMP guitars shop in Macc - well worth a visit! Slaid Cleaves is an incredible talent and songwriter. He gets called the Shakespeare of Americana for his fantastic lyrics and story telling in his songs - on a par with Bruce for me. How do I know all this? Check out 'Leek Blues and Americana on Facebook or on t'internet.

Cleaves’s album about the decline of the American motor industry is a thing of pure perfection. I wouldn’t change a note or a word of it.

I forget the name but you’ll know the record I mean.

Just checked the Leek Americana festival btw - I’ll get myself down to that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.