An End to Terrace/Armchair Managers vs Mancini...

Bigga said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Throw in a £20 donation to the charity of the loser's choice and you're on.

You're clearly very confident. Perhaps trading on 'insider' knowledge? I've had very good source on stuff, myself, but in the last moments things have changed, resulting in me looking silly.

Based on that, I'll accept the wager with all the forfeits intact.

You don't know how much that tickles me....you really don't.

Done deal.

Bigga said:
Can we agree that you don't know what you're talking about, finally??

For absolute weeks now, I have read/ heard you guys bleat on about the team, be it personnel or system. Far too many of you have lamented our manager's approach to the game and the media have simply picked up on the negativity and regurgitated it as gospel for the majority of City fans.

Lots of you have stated how 'negative' Mancini has been, so last night I witnessed a far more attacking unit than I have seen all season. On paper, for sheer attack, the personnel was right. In fact, I remember some clever clogs on this very site wishing we would put out such an attack minded team, as they didn't want to win '1-0' every game. Happy now?

I didn't like Yaya in DM mode, but many of you thought he'd be better there. I've never thought Milner and Barry are suited, but many of you would have preferred those two over YT. I never like NdJ out of the team, but lots of you think he 'slows us down'. I don't think Boyata is ready, but many feel he's better than Zabs(I know Zabs is short of match practice). I think it was right that Tévez and Dzeko played, however and that was only part of the team that had potential.

Anyway, as we saw, Yaya couldn't drive the team on, nor really control the mid flow as he was too deep. Milner, although industrious, went walkies all over. And Barry...? Well, the less said, the better.

The anti-Mancini brigade got their team and it was a disaster, so I suggest you let the man do his job, in his way as he sees fit. It's worked so far, boring as you may think, as it reflects RM's tactical mind. Last night's team was as far away from RM as I've ever seen.

I doubt you will see a team, like that, again this season or next.

The defence of saint Bobby gets funnier by the day......

comical_ali.jpg

allan harper said:
Why did he need to rest those players they've not played for over a week !

Please don't say it's because we have a Semi final on Saturday, surly top 4 is the priority.

It was a calculated gamble that didn't pay off, the reality was that much as we would have wanted to win we could afford to draw or even lose the Liverpool game and still make 4th. There are no second chances on Saturday we have already suffered by losing Tevez for Saturday because he played.

I personally would have preferred it if he had rested more as Saturdays game is the biggest in my City supporting life and I desperately, desperately want to see us in an FA Cup final.

-- Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:13 pm --

blueinsa said:
Bigga said:
Can we agree that you don't know what you're talking about, finally??

For absolute weeks now, I have read/ heard you guys bleat on about the team, be it personnel or system. Far too many of you have lamented our manager's approach to the game and the media have simply picked up on the negativity and regurgitated it as gospel for the majority of City fans.

Lots of you have stated how 'negative' Mancini has been, so last night I witnessed a far more attacking unit than I have seen all season. On paper, for sheer attack, the personnel was right. In fact, I remember some clever clogs on this very site wishing we would put out such an attack minded team, as they didn't want to win '1-0' every game. Happy now?

I didn't like Yaya in DM mode, but many of you thought he'd be better there. I've never thought Milner and Barry are suited, but many of you would have preferred those two over YT. I never like NdJ out of the team, but lots of you think he 'slows us down'. I don't think Boyata is ready, but many feel he's better than Zabs(I know Zabs is short of match practice). I think it was right that Tévez and Dzeko played, however and that was only part of the team that had potential.

Anyway, as we saw, Yaya couldn't drive the team on, nor really control the mid flow as he was too deep. Milner, although industrious, went walkies all over. And Barry...? Well, the less said, the better.

The anti-Mancini brigade got their team and it was a disaster, so I suggest you let the man do his job, in his way as he sees fit. It's worked so far, boring as you may think, as it reflects RM's tactical mind. Last night's team was as far away from RM as I've ever seen.

I doubt you will see a team, like that, again this season or next.

The defence of saint Bobby gets funnier by the day......

comical_ali.jpg

Resorting to jokes (and cr*p ones at that) usually indicates you have nothing more useful to add to the debate and have lost the argument.

I have not seen or read any compelling argument in favour of getting rid of Mancini, no coherant plan about who would replace him and why and how this would benefit our development.

Just cheap soundbites and hyperbole after a poor performance.

Blue Mooner said:
I have not seen or read any compelling argument in favour of getting rid of Mancini, no coherant plan about who would replace him and why and how this would benefit our development.

Then i guess you only see what you want to see as this board is full of reasons as to why he should go and our performances on the pitch are full of them as well.

The trouble guys like you have is that you look across to Trafford and spunk your pants at a manager that has been there since creation and automatically think that there in lies the path to success.

It doesn't!

Get the right man in and then you will have the stability that you so crave but until we do it will be a merry go round.

Mancini has no man management skills, has poor tactics for the English game with little signs of being able to change them and his team selections and substitutions are poor and baffling.

Get rid i say.

blueinsa said:
Blue Mooner said:

Then i guess you only see what you want to see as this board is full of reasons as to why he should go and our performances on the pitch are full of them as well.

The trouble guys like you have is that you look across to Trafford and spunk your pants at a manager that has been there since creation and automatically think that there in lies the path to success.

It doesn't!

Get the right man in and then you will have the stability that you so crave but until we do it will be a merry go round.

Mancini has no man management skills, has poor tactics for the English game with little signs of being able to change them and his team selections and substitutions are poor and baffling.

Get rid i say.

A few more fans will say the same if we get beat on Saturday mate. One or two want a trophy over a top 4 finish.

blueinsa said:
Blue Mooner said:

It doesn't!

Get rid i say.

Have to agree Blueinsa.

Not sure where this myth about stability comes from. As far as I can see only one successful club in Europe has managerial stability (and we all know who they are) but that doesn't stop many many other clubs winning trophies, challenging for titles and having successful seasons and many of them.

Most Continental sides change their managers every 2-3 years and there is even a counter argument that Arsenal for example are too stable.

forza mancio. that is all. this shit got old with yer man leslie in charge, now i simply assume that some readers of this forum are too stupid to appreciate how damaging long term instability is. man up you joeys, your knee jerk reactions are as foolish and small minded as they are petty. jesus wept.

A managerial talent is what's needed....not fucking stability!

Shall we keep Jo instead of swapping him for a better player = stability?

No, should we fuck!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.