An out-and-out winger

We need a winger who delivers consistant, quality crosses. We have AJ, Silva, and Nasri who are all great at creating space in central areas and providing cut backs and through balls but what we haven't got is someone who will simply take a touch and whip a ball in between the goalkeeper and defenders. It's not always pretty but I don't give a fuck how the ball ends up in the net whether it's a 35 yard screamer like Yaya's at the weekend or bundled over the line by Dzeko's nut sack. Them scum bastards down the road don't have anywhere near the class of Silva, Nasri and Yaya in central areas but what they do have is Valencia, Nani and Young providing a constant stream of crosses and they've scored nearly as many as us now I think. That just proves that their is no right or wrong way, just that you need to equip yourselfs with as many options as possible to get a goal. Buying a winger who runs at the fullback and cuts inside gives us nothing more than we've already got, buying a winger who gives us the option to whip in an early ball before the opposition defence is settled will.

Hart
Richards, kompany, Vermallen/agger and Essou ekottu
Ox, Yaya, Bale
Silva
Sergio, Van persie

Left side of this team would be amazing

citymad said:
Hart
Ox, Yaya, Bale
Silva
Sergio, Van persie

So you want us to buy 5 players. This isn't Football Manager. I'm the summer I can sense a lot of disappointment.

itisrising said:
citymad said:
Hart
Ox, Yaya, Bale
Silva
Sergio, Van persie

So you want us to buy 5 players. This isn't Football Manager. I'm the summer I can sense a lot of disappointment.

I know that, we cant keep buying players. I was just putting a team together that would be exciting to watch and probably very successful.

citymad said:
itisrising said:
citymad said:
Hart
Ox, Yaya, Bale
Silva
Sergio, Van persie

I know that, we cant keep buying players. I was just putting a team together that would be exciting to watch and probably very successful.

Forget the Ox, I want Messi. C'mon Sheikh make it happen.

I saw this in <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mundodeportivo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mundodeportivo.com</a> 2 min ago:

iv72G.jpg

Di María rejects the first offer for his contract renewal

Real Madrid offers him 3.5 m euros (he now receives 1.8). The player wants 5 m, that according to radio COPE is what Chelsea and Manchester City offer him.

Manchester City???
Have you heard anything about this????

citymad said:
itisrising said:
citymad said:
Hart
Ox, Yaya, Bale
Silva
Sergio, Van persie

You should have put Messi & Ronaldo in then :)

fatbloke said:
We need a winger who delivers consistant, quality crosses. We have AJ, Silva, and Nasri who are all great at creating space in central areas and providing cut backs and through balls but what we haven't got is someone who will simply take a touch and whip a ball in between the goalkeeper and defenders. It's not always pretty but I don't give a fuck how the ball ends up in the net whether it's a 35 yard screamer like Yaya's at the weekend or bundled over the line by Dzeko's nut sack. Them scum bastards down the road don't have anywhere near the class of Silva, Nasri and Yaya in central areas but what they do have is Valencia, Nani and Young providing a constant stream of crosses and they've scored nearly as many as us now I think. That just proves that their is no right or wrong way, just that you need to equip yourselfs with as many options as possible to get a goal. Buying a winger who runs at the fullback and cuts inside gives us nothing more than we've already got, buying a winger who gives us the option to whip in an early ball before the opposition defence is settled will.

You've hit that nail squarely on the head there mate, couldn't agree with you more if I tried. When enough of our important players are up for it, I really like our current style of play and wouldn't want it changing one little bit ....BUT.... we've all seen what happens when we're not up for it and it aint pretty is it. Teams have learned to force us inside into there solid ranks, we then hit the brick wall, then our patient approach becomes pedestrian and we've really got no different types of players on the bench to change it. Game nullified. 0-0/1-0 and big smiles for the opposition. So, for me, all those saying that they don't want to see us playing ugly/outmoded styles of play must've had their eyes shut away from home since December because, like I said before, it aint been pretty. OPTIONS are the way forward, for me, but I can see it bringing with it a bit of trickyness what with all those superstar egos relating to squad rotation and all that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.