Andy Murray to retire

I'm sure being a pupil at Dunblane School had a massive impact on his personality and drive to succeed.

It's incredible really. Anyone who has visited it would perhaps have more appreciation that a sporting great came out of such a small place.

He's poured many of his millions building a hotel and academies in his home town.

Tennis has been his whole life since he was a child, I get the emotion he has about it finishing, it must be overwhelming for any sportsman realising it's all over.

For all his individual success, I feel his greatest achievement was dragging Great Britain to a Davis Cup title more or less on his own. He was quite, quite extraordinary that year, the determination to carry everyone with him and achieve what really should have been far beyond all of them was genuinely exceptional.

I'm English and there's a fair amount about England that I loathe, mainly the people.

As Lee Hurst once put it:

"The Scots hate the English. The Welsh hate the English. The Irish hate the English, and the English, hate everyone, including most of the English. In fact the only thing that unites the United Kingdom is that we can't bloody stand anyone in it".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.