Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
Everyone knows that we need to sign everyone, it's the same every year. If any good player moves and we don't buy them, the board has failed us badly.

The reality is that we don't need those players, can't afford those players and don't have space for them in our squad. We did however need a GK, CB, RB and holding player. We seem to have done very sensible business, but unfortunately "sensible" isn't sexy enough for some.

I also think we'll benefit from not having loads of players coming in ala Liverpool.
It's just a couple of good additions and some of the dead wood cut.

I think us being the same team, the stability - I really think it'll help us.

BigOscar said:
Everyone knows that we need to sign everyone, it's the same every year. If any good player moves and we don't buy them, the board has failed us badly.

The reality is that we don't need those players, can't afford those players and don't have space for them in our squad. We did however need a GK, CB, RB and holding player. We seem to have done very sensible business, but unfortunately "sensible" isn't sexy enough for some.

Gets notably worse as deadline day approaches and rivals or close rivals make stupid deals for flashy players. Seem to recall more than a few declaring Arsenal title contenders when they got Ozil - how did that work out? 4th again was it?

Our main priority now should be home grown players. I'm very surprised we didn't go in for Fabregas for that reason alone, but otherwise we've done exactly the business we needed too. A lot of folk hugely underestimate the value of both continuity and experience.

Ray78 said:
I am slightly surprised Chelsea haven't thrown their hat in the ring.

Chelsea can't afford to spend 70M for one player anymore (unless they sell). Their not that far away from a FFP sanction if they do.

adrianr said:
BigOscar said:

Gets notably worse as deadline day approaches and rivals or close rivals make stupid deals for flashy players. Seem to recall more than a few declaring Arsenal title contenders when they got Ozil - how did that work out? 4th again was it?

Our main priority now should be home grown players. I'm very surprised we didn't go in for Fabregas for that reason alone, but otherwise we've done exactly the business we needed too. A lot of folk hugely underestimate the value of both continuity and experience.

But they won the FA Cup, I want another one of those!

Edit: For some reason the forum will not recognise the board-generated quoting code above.

Jesus I hope we string this out until the final hour of deadline day, just to see Woodward jumping up and down with excitement, not realising he paid 30 million more than he really had to.

They look completely desperate.

The pressure for Di Maria to perform is going to be immense, and history shows he'll go missing a lot,hence why we aren't really interested in signing him.

cookster said:
Ray78 said:
I am slightly surprised Chelsea haven't thrown their hat in the ring.

Chelsea can't afford to spend 70M for one player anymore (unless they sell). Their not that far away from a FFP sanction if they do.

they also have 18 foreign players as the moment so they would need to sell 2. and they are practically over flowing with wingers/AMs

adrianr said:
BigOscar said:

Ahh, but would they have achieved 4th without him?

Yeah, I suppose they would have wouldn't they.

Absolutely gutted this guy is going across town. He is hands down my favorite player on the planet and has been for 3 or 4 years. I think his ingenuity and ball-control is one of the best on the planet. All that being said, I will be curious to see how he fits into their system.

unlikelyfan19 said:
Absolutely gutted this guy is going across town. He is hands down my favorite player on the planet and has been for 3 or 4 years. I think his ingenuity and ball-control is one of the best on the planet. All that being said, I will be curious to see how he fits into their system.

He could be another Ashley Young or a Ronaldo we don't know the premier league is totally different to any other league I thought Ozil was going to be and outstanding signing for arsenal but he has been poor at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.