Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
Absolutely gutted this guy is going across town. He is hands down my favorite player on the planet and has been for 3 or 4 years. I think his ingenuity and ball-control is one of the best on the planet. All that being said, I will be curious to see how he fits into their system.

He could be another Ashley Young or a Ronaldo we don't know the premier league is totally different to any other league I thought Ozil was going to be and outstanding signing for arsenal but he has been poor at best

Ozil needs runners and after walcott's injury he had none. He also seems to be not a big game player. His work rate is also poor which means that for him to suceed someone else has to do the defensive dirty work. That is why he was successful at mardid, with ronaldo (and di maria's) runs and the defensive solidity provided by Xabi Alonso. At arsenal its a completely different scenario last season, their midfield is shit defensively.

The big minus about Di Maria is his inconsistency.....he can be brilliant one day and awful the next.

br62 said:
The big minus about Di Maria is his inconsistency.....he can be brilliant one day and awful the next.

If the rags intend using him as a No.10 that's where the problems may start. Teams can cope with an inconsistent but talented winger but the No.10 is the creative fulcrum of the team and needs to be performing week in week out.

lancs blue said:
br62 said:

If the rags intend using him as a No.10 that's where the problems may start. Teams can cope with an inconsistent but talented winger but the No.10 is the creative fulcrum of the team and needs to be performing week in week out.

With Di maria in the side and possibly having to play mata rooney and persie together they will either have to move to 442 diamond with Di maria as a ball carrying midfielder or use him as LWB in the existing (non)-system

Is this old news or just transfer rumours? Cant see us being interested at this price....

Transfer Update ‏@TransferLatests 26m
Manchester City have asked Angel Di Maria to delay the decision over his future as they consider a move for the winger. (Times)

just heard the rumors that the Beast is going to be sold (or swap + cash to Madrid), and City asked di Maria to delay his decision.

Good player,....but they needed Khedira and Hummels and are spending 60-70 million pounds on another winger !

City and Chelsea have strength all across the park whereas Utd and Arsenal are loading up there attacking options without strengthening where they need it most. Arsenal are in better shape because they have better quality players. City just need to bring down the average age of the playing squad now without losing any quality.

capiloton said:
just heard the rumors that the Beast is going to be sold (or swap + cash to Madrid), and City asked di Maria to delay his decision.
I think these were doing the rounds over the weekend, can't see it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.