Annoyed with Dzeko to be honest...apology {merged}

Walter said:
SWP's back said:
If he leaves and you stay then you are welcome.

As i say, for us, we are born into the club and it's a way of life, not a passing interest.

"You're male by birth, but men by choice." (Orlando Gober)

You have a long road ahead of you, son.
You have no doubt (another) short stay on here miss

Ban number 3 by noon i should imagine.

SWP's back said:
JBG said:
TCIB said:
I do not blindly defend our team and will admit when a player is wrong etc etc, but Dzeko has played well. The second his standard drops a bit you come out with "he was bad here and this and that game" when he just wasn't.

For what it's worth I agree with this. Dzeko hasn't been nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Maybe even superior to Aguero in half the games this season (might be a controversial opinion since Aguero is everyone's darling but there you have it). The games where people see him as shit are the ones that the midfield gets completely mangled or the other team play 10 men on their own half. Dzeko doesn't see the ball in these games since he's the furthest up player on the pitch (i.e. a CF). How the midfield getting torn apart is Dzeko's fault is an answer that only a few on here can answer but I've learned to live with it -- opinions are like a**holes etc etc...

None of this reflects on Balo, striker rotation is needed and should be utilized this season. It will be easier to keep 3 strikers happy than 4 so here's to a good season! Especially now since they all seem to be in form!

cleavers said:
I don't personally understand how anyone can change teams to follow a player, but then I'm 40+ year veteran of watching City, good, bad and ugly.

If you're referring to City's Bosnian fans it's likely that they all have a Bosnian team they also support. Having Dzeko here gives them a reason just like having Petrov gave me a reason. I wasn't born in Manchester nor England but I like to feel that I have the right to support City as much as anyone, and my motives not questioned because of my birthplace. Should the EPL not be watched at all outside of England?
That's the thing though. A large portion of our bosnian friends don't support City. They support Dzeko solely, to the extent they would rather sack the most popular and successful manager in the last 30 years for any perceived slight on him.

Therein lies the difference.

This is not my impression but if it is the truth then these people are full of sh*t. I feel it may come off that way only since Dzeko tends to get slighted rather often around here so it seems all they do is defend him but I've seen thoughtful posts by EaglesFan and others. But again, I don't know people's motivations and inner thoughts so I'm not one to speculate. On the other hand if they spend so much time on here they may well be on the path to City fandom hehe...

We can make a thread asking how many support only Dzeko or City and Dzeko if we want to get the hard numbers.

When i hear some of the stuff i'm embarassed to be Bosnian. You don't support a team because of 1 player that's just not what a true fan does...but i suppose we can always categorize people and the ones who just care about 1 player will never really be true fans anyways so at the end of the day it doesn't matter right?

I've downloaded all the City games (most in HD as well) and after never really having a team to support (i am in Canada so we're mostly into hockey here) i'm definitely not going to be changing teams no matter where Dzeko ends up going. I watched the game against Blackburn and after watching Balo play i can say with confidence that to me he plays better than Dzeko or Aguero for that matter. He's a double threat out there and needs to play a lot more often for this team to succeed.

Anyways, i hope all you true fans understand there are quite a few of us who still support this team regardless whether Dzeko is on it or not. Cheers.

i support them cause of the whole team ,there isnt a single player except tevez that i dont like there,and of course i cant lie the tiping scale went for city because of 3 players from the country i was born in,but its still diferent for people that are born with the club then us newcomers ,im just a fan of the premier league in general,didnt really never had a team to call my own there ,now at least i can cheer on with a little bit more passion and enthusiasm rather then watching neutrally ,to bad they messed up yugoslavia ,we would have had red star dominating like they started to in 91,so now i have to cheer on teams that make sense ,thats life i guess...

JBG said:
SWP's back said:
JBG said:
For what it's worth I agree with this. Dzeko hasn't been nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Maybe even superior to Aguero in half the games this season (might be a controversial opinion since Aguero is everyone's darling but there you have it). The games where people see him as shit are the ones that the midfield gets completely mangled or the other team play 10 men on their own half. Dzeko doesn't see the ball in these games since he's the furthest up player on the pitch (i.e. a CF). How the midfield getting torn apart is Dzeko's fault is an answer that only a few on here can answer but I've learned to live with it -- opinions are like a**holes etc etc...

None of this reflects on Balo, striker rotation is needed and should be utilized this season. It will be easier to keep 3 strikers happy than 4 so here's to a good season! Especially now since they all seem to be in form!

If you're referring to City's Bosnian fans it's likely that they all have a Bosnian team they also support. Having Dzeko here gives them a reason just like having Petrov gave me a reason. I wasn't born in Manchester nor England but I like to feel that I have the right to support City as much as anyone, and my motives not questioned because of my birthplace. Should the EPL not be watched at all outside of England?
That's the thing though. A large portion of our bosnian friends don't support City. They support Dzeko solely, to the extent they would rather sack the most popular and successful manager in the last 30 years for any perceived slight on him.

This is not my impression but if it is the truth then these people are full of sh*t. I feel it may come off that way only since Dzeko tends to get slighted rather often around here so it seems all they do is defend him but I've seen thoughtful posts by EaglesFan and others. But again, I don't know people's motivations and inner thoughts so I'm not one to speculate. On the other hand if they spend so much time on here they may well be on the path to City fandom hehe...

We can make a thread asking how many support only Dzeko or City and Dzeko if we want to get the hard numbers.

JBG - this is the best post on this thread, bare none.

Summed it ALL up.

Some people assume that if you're big Dzeko fan you are automatically not CITY fan - which is garbage.

Someone asked if I would root for Chelsea if Dzeko was to go there. The answer is NO. I would want him to be successful, but I couldnt root for the team.

City fans should realize they have a really LIKEABLE team right now. On the rise, out to prove something. There is just something really likeable about this team, Dzeko or no Dzeko. So I personnaly am here to stay. If people dont like it that's their problem.

I love Dzeko, but
I love City's history
I love City's "underdog" position historically
I love the manager
I love the fans, which I think are the best in EPL
and unlike some:

I love every single player on this team.

2vl8v9h.jpg

WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

Yes, those lads here can bring you the love the club tho time.

JBG said:
SWP's back said:
JBG said:

People can answer that question however they wish however their actions speak louder than words.

lee-mcfc said:
swp is right though your not a city fan you support one player who plays for a club. just like the balotelli supporters (e.g mancio) he doesn't support city just mancini & balo
Everyone has a reason why watching a City.
Now follow the club people from many countries, because many good players play for City(thanks shaikh).Edin is reason why i see city and of course I'm not your fan.I love football and i will visit some of the matches of your club.reason.off course,Edin.
read here your opinion on Edin.here and on stadium are different opinions.

I love the fans, which I think are the best in EPL

yes,really like the songs they're singing and all the chants i heard so far...besides the nurse who was taking care of my boy in the nursery 6 months ago was from manchester (in middle of florida,what r the ods?) she was a city fan :) she was mentioning the manu-man city semis in the fa cup and i told her than city is wining that one :)

but yea,very likeable group of players right now at city,i knew both dzeko and aguero are gona join them a year ago,i mean ,where else are they gonna go? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.