Another Cookie Cock Up Moment - Mariga deal?

Re: Another Cookie Cock Up Moment?

Prestwich_Blue said:
avoidconfusion said:
I don't understand how people can not rest the blame on Cook/ Marwood for this cockup.

Any ten year old could have told you that here will be a problem with the work permit just by looking at the FIFA rankings.

And to top it all off even the Kenyan PM got involved and managed to get the work permit approved, unfortunately that was too late then.

So the big question is, why the fuck did we leave until THE VERY LAST DAY of the transfer window?
This could have been sorted last week!
It was. The original application was made last week but was turned down. We appealed and that was heard on Monday and also turned down.

You can't apply until you've agreed terms and although there are rules, you can appeal on the grounds that the player is an exceptional talent. Sorry Cook-bashers but no one has screwed up here.

So why wait until deadline day for an appeal?

Re: City have only themselves to blame for not getting Mariga!

gagiesotherhalf said:
skybluekings said:
It means that Mariga would be free to join an English Premier League club in the next transfer window in May.
One would hope we have first dibs on him.
But now every bugger has heard of him and will be trying to swipe him from under our noses!

He signed for Inter Milan. Deals don't get done for top players until the last day as clubs want to use him for the whole month and want to try and get a better deal as possible.

Re: City have only themselves to blame for not getting Mariga!

Oh look - Mr Negative's been let out. Is there anything you like about this club?

There's a thread about this already and the questions have been answered there. No one has screwed up.

Re: Mariga work permit.....

It was an appeal yesterday so they'd obviously applied for one beforehand. How long ago that was I don't know. If Mourinho and Inter were so keen to snap him up then he must have something about him. As you said, we may have missed an absolute gem here.

Prestwich_Blue said:
avoidconfusion said:
I don't understand how people can not rest the blame on Cook/ Marwood for this cockup.

Any ten year old could have told you that here will be a problem with the work permit just by looking at the FIFA rankings.

And to top it all off even the Kenyan PM got involved and managed to get the work permit approved, unfortunately that was too late then.

So the big question is, why the fuck did we leave until THE VERY LAST DAY of the transfer window?
This could have been sorted last week!
It was. The original application was made last week but was turned down. We appealed and that was heard on Monday and also turned down.

You can't apply until you've agreed terms and although there are rules, you can appeal on the grounds that the player is an exceptional talent. Sorry Cook-bashers but no one has screwed up here.

Sorry but I think that is bullshit. They could have worked with Kenya's PM from the get-go to make sure this work permit is granted. I am not bashing Cook personally, I am bashing whoever was responsible for this, whether it was Cook or Marwood or someone else at City doesn't matter. Someone at MCFC fucked this up.

twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

They didn't wait as far as I know. The appeal was lodged and there was a special panel set up at Wembley to hear it (and any others). I'm not an expert on these things but imagine that under normal circumstances it would take many days if not weeks for an appeal to be heard. We can only apply, as I said, once we've reached agreement with club and player.

avoidconfusion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Sorry but I think that is bullshit. They could have worked with Kenya's PM from the get-go to make sure this work permit is granted. I am not bashing Cook personally, I am bashing whoever was responsible for this, whether it was Cook or Marwood or someone else at City doesn't matter. Someone at MCFC fucked this up.
I give up!

Prestwich_Blue said:
twinkletoes said:
They didn't wait as far as I know. The appeal was lodged and there was a special panel set up at Wembley to hear it (and any others). I'm not an expert on these things but imagine that under normal circumstances it would take many days if not weeks for an appeal to be heard. We can only apply, as I said, once we've reached agreement with club and player.

So if you know so much about it how come the club don't know? Fancy a new job!

He didn't really qualify for a work permit and they only had one week to appeal, not very well thought out.

avoidconfusion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

hahahaha

'I know you're busy running the country and that but we'd really like to sign a footballer so could you just put the whole country thing on hold and give us a hand?'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.