Another Cookie Cock Up Moment - Mariga deal?

Re: Another Cookie Cock Up Moment?

without a dream said:
avoidconfusion said:
Sorry but I think that is bullshit. They could have worked with Kenya's PM from the get-go to make sure this work permit is granted. I am not bashing Cook personally, I am bashing whoever was responsible for this, whether it was Cook or Marwood or someone else at City doesn't matter. Someone at MCFC fucked this up.

hahahaha

'I know you're busy running the country and that but we'd really like to sign a footballer so could you just put the whole country thing on hold and give us a hand?'

lol

Shouldn't this have gone in the other thread where Cookey is responsible for all ills?

He killed my daughters hamster at the weekend too... :-(

Re: Mariga work permit.....

Ntini77 said:
Feel sorry for the lad, he was desperate to play in England.

yep , it seem a little sad

126005500.jpg

Re: City have only themselves to blame for not getting Mariga!

moan moan whinge whinge

yawn

It seems he was granted a permit after the window had closed

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8493889.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 493889.stm</a>

Kenya's Prime Minister Raila Odinga insists he did all he could to help McDonald Mariga get a UK work permit so he could sign for Manchester City.

Mariga's transfer from Italian club Parma failed yesterday after he failed to get clearance in time.

He has now signed a four-year deal with Italian champions Inter Milan instead.

"I would like to assure soccer fans and all Kenyans that with the British High Commissioner, I've done what I could to get Mariga into Man City," Odinga said.

"I spent a minimum of three hours on phone talking to Gordon Brown's office, the Africa Office, office of Culture and Sports, the Home office, the FA president Lord Treisman and to Mariga himself."

Odinga said that 22-year-old Mariga had eventually obtained a UK work permit but only after the transfer window for the English Premier League had closed.

It means that Mariga would be free to join an English Premier League club in the next transfer window in May.

He would have been the first player from the Premier League-mad east Africa country to sign for the top English league.

As has already been said someone at City fucked up !

twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They didn't wait as far as I know. The appeal was lodged and there was a special panel set up at Wembley to hear it (and any others). I'm not an expert on these things but imagine that under normal circumstances it would take many days if not weeks for an appeal to be heard. We can only apply, as I said, once we've reached agreement with club and player.

So if you know so much about it how come the club don't know? Fancy a new job!

He didn't really qualify for a work permit and they only had one week to appeal, not very well thought out.
I said I'm not an expert but that's what I read. But I'll say it again - we had to have the deal tied up before we could apply in the first place. I do know a leading agent and I can tell you that the vast majority of deals start with an agent touting a player, not the other way round.

So I would assume (but don't know) that we didn't approach Parma but the agent approached us and it would then depend on when that happened and how long it took to negotiate the deal. And normally appeals take 4-6 months to be heard.

Prestwich_Blue said:
twinkletoes said:
So if you know so much about it how come the club don't know? Fancy a new job!

He didn't really qualify for a work permit and they only had one week to appeal, not very well thought out.
I said I'm not an expert but that's what I read. But I'll say it again - we had to have the deal tied up before we could apply in the first place. I do know a leading agent and I can tell you that the vast majority of deals start with an agent touting a player, not the other way round.

So I would assume (but don't know) that we didn't approach Parma but the agent approached us and it would then depend on when that happened and how long it took to negotiate the deal. And normally appeals take 4-6 months to be heard.

So we fucked it up.

twinkletoes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

So we fucked it up.
Haven't you got homework to do?

Re: City have only themselves to blame for not getting Mariga!

From what i can tell the deal was done early last week so City must of applied for a work permit last week so maybe the home office were dragging their heels
Now someone must of said to City that the work permit wouldn't be a problem as Britain has close ties with Kenya
Alas it was not to be
This is a worry now as Barry looks like he needs a rest and with Ireland still not 100% Kompany at CB and Vieira not fit our central midfield looks short

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.